I am a Counsellor / Psychotherapist based in north Chingford E4. I’m registered and accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Registered member no. 48878. My registration status is at www.bacp.co.uk/search/Register
For the last 15 years I've practised counselling to an adult client group within agency settings such as the NHS, education and voluntary sectors as well as in my private practice. I also have a working background in children's services and educational settings, including schools, the NSPCC and Childline services and am an experienced young persons counsellor. I continue to provide therapeutic support to adults and young people in my private practice and within community and educational settings. My work gives me the opportunity to work with people of all ages from a variety of different backgrounds. I have a current and up to date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS), previously known as CRB, this permits me to work with vulnerable adults, children and young people.
I am able to work with a range of issues, such as helping people who suffer with depression and generalised anxiety, panic, low self-esteem, stress, loss of confidence, bereavement and people experiencing relationship issues including separation, divorce or family proceedings. At such times it can help to talk with someone who is non-judgemental, to look for the way forward that best suits you, helping you to get 'back on track'.
As your counsellor I will endeavour to provide a safe and confidential environment where you will feel listened to, accepted and understood, where the conditions of counselling, including having regular meetings will help develop our therapeutic relationship. Having counselling can offer an immediate response to emotional and psychological distress and underlying difficulties can be explored together. You may wish to explore how the past is impacting on the present - where we lose contact with ourselves and get ‘stuck’ using our familiar coping mechanisms and patterns of relating that may no longer be helpful. Where appropriate I work in the "here and now", drawing from humanistic traditions as well as with the relational and analytic approaches.
I work as an integrative counsellor which means my approach draws upon the main psychological theories and models of counselling. As your counsellor I am able to offer a combined integrative approach to therapy which brings together different elements from the main therapeutic psychological disciplines, including but not limited to, person-centred, psycho-dynamic and cognitive behaviour models such as CBT. I also draw on mindfulness based approaches (MBA) which can compliment counselling and psychotherapy and can introduce elements of mindfulness such as MBCT / MBSR for depression and stress and CBT to our work, if that suits you. I take the view there is no specific approach that will help each person in all situations and as I believe a person’s situation can be explored in many different ways and I am able to adapt the therapy to meet your needs and your unique situation.
I can provide short and longer-term therapy depending on your needs and requirements which can be discussed and agreed during our first session and then regularly explored throughout our work together. I maintain the highest standard of confidentiality within my work. My work is fully supervised, insured and I abide by the BACP code of conduct and ethics.
I am a registered provider for various health care providers including BUPA, Aviva, Axa PPP and Vitality Health.
Please contact me by email, telephone or text if you would like to arrange a first appointment and if you would like to discuss anything in more detail
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP Accredited / Registered Counsellor / Psychotherapist no. 048878 (2013-current)
- UKRCP registered
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Level 1, 2, 3 & 4 Certificate / Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- Certificate in Childline Counselling
- I have continued professional development in the following areas: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT); Mindfulness for stress reduction and depression MBSR & MBCT); Kindness Behavioural Therapy (KBT); Play therapy for children / adolescents; Thera-play for parents / teachers; Bereavement and loss; Supporting people affected by domestic violence; Supporting adult survivors of childhood abuse; Parental mental illness; Child and adolescent mental health; Child development; Risk assessment and suicide; Child protection including safeguarding in education and voluntary sectors.
- I have 15 years experience as a therapist, having worked within the NHS, education, schools and social care sectors and in private practice. I continue to work in schools and in private practice.
- I have worked with adults and young people for many years within organisations and private practice. I have previously worked within the NHS and so am experienced in working within the general frame of practice and referrals from GP’s. I currently work within charities, education and school settings and the social care sector and within private practice.
- In addition to working with adults, I currently work with children and adolescents in schools who have mild to moderate emotional and psychological difficulties and adolescents who have developmental disorders including autism and I can provide parenting consultancy in addition to any individual therapies offered.
- I have extensive experience of working with adults who are affected by childhood abuse including adult survivors of sexual abuse. I have many years experience of working for the NSPCC and being involved in many commissioned services following Operation Yewtree and other independent abuse inquiries and have undertaken training relevant to this area of work.
- I also specialise in working with adults and children affected by separation and divorce and where there are concerns for children and where there may be family court proceedings.
- I have a current and up to date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS), previously known as CRB, this permits me to work with vulnerable adults, children and young people.
- I adhere to the BACP codes of conduct and safe ethical practice and I maintain the highest standard of confidentiality within my work. I am listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists which is the first psychological therapists register to be accredited under a scheme set up by the Department of Health.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£40 for a 50 minute session
I can sometimes offer concessionary rates for people on a low income and students, including trainee counsellors / therapists.
I am a registered practitioner with several leading health care insurers / providers including BUPA, AXA PPP, AVIVA, Vitality Health and WSM.
Telephone counselling, email counselling and home visits can be arranged
North Chingford E4 within easy walking distance from Chingford station, rail and bus connections.
I have full and comprehensive private indemnity insurance with a leading insurer.
Most major insurances are accepted. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance and or employee assistance provider (EAP) including BUPA, Aviva & Axa PPP.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss anything in more detail without obligation.
Daytime and evening