Julie Weir Counselling - DipHEN Counselling, Reg. CMCOSCA
At some point in our lives, we may feel ‘things’ are too much for us to manage alone. Whether we have experienced trauma, feel anxious or depressed or just don’t know what’s wrong or who we are anymore, it can feel overwhelming. It is important to find someone you feel will listen to you and hear what you are saying.
I feel that my own personal life experiences have contributed widely to the counsellor I have become today. As a qualified counsellor, I work in a person-centred and integrative way, offering a safe and confidential space where you can talk and be listened to without judgement. I work with you to gently explore and understand what is on your mind, in order to move forward at a pace that works for you.
Counselling can be a life-changing experience which may allow you to find a new personal growth and ultimately regain control or acceptance over the issues that brought you to therapy.
Together we can find a way that is right for you.
I currently work from Lossiemouth for face to face appointments.
I can also offer online or telephone counselling appointments.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person-centred Counselling & Psychotherapy, Moray College UHI & COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland)
- Counselling Skills Certificate, COSCA
- Online and Telephone Counselling Course, Counselling Tutor
- Member of COSCA and I work within their Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice.
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid
- Emergency First Aid at Work including Forestry
- I have my own private counselling practice where I enjoy working with a variety of clients.
- I am a Volunteer Counsellor with CrossReach Counselling in Moray.
- I am a Listening Volunteer with Samaritans in Elgin.
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSCA is the professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland, and seeks to advance all forms of counselling and psychotherapy and the use of counselling skills by promoting best practice and through the delivery of a range of sustainable services. COSCA Counsellor Accreditation is a pathway to entry onto the UKRC.
It is a requirement of all individual and organisational members of COSCA to abide by its Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and be accountable to the Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
First Session £25 (reduced rate)
Subsequent Sessions £35+
I can accept cash or bank transfer payments.