Julie Pike BA(hons) Humanistic counselling accredited counsellor
77 Hilsea Crescent
BA(Hons) Humanistic Counsellor Portsmouth BACP accredited
Have you had enough? Stressed out all the time? Does no one understand as everyone is too busy with their own lives? Have you lost your direction and feel like you’re not on the right path? Do you want to talk to someone in a confidential, caring environment?
That mind, body and soul should function healthily together. Stress can cause physical and mental symptoms within the body. Counselling offers a safe environment where even the most difficult issues can be explored enabling you to take control of your life once more.
- I also use CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) which is more solution focused and useful for help with addictions, drug/alcohol, smoking, food, Gambling and depression.
- I work for Rape Crisis so have extensive experience of domestic violence, clients who have experienced rape/ sexual abuse either as an adult or as a child.
- I worked for Portsmouth Counselling service working with clients with drug and alcohol problems.
- I am a mature Humanistic counsellor offering short and long term sessions, evenings and weekends.
- I worked at St Richards Hospital counselling cancer patients.
- I work with young people within schools as a counsellor.
- I work creatively and with dreams.
- I work with age 11+
Training, qualifications & experience
- I’m an accredited counsellor and member of BACP.
- I have a degree BA(Hons) in Humanistic counselling.
- I do ongoing training and specialise in trauma work, how the mind and body respond to trauma.
- I worked for Portsmouth Counselling service with clients with drug/alcohol problems.
- I have experience of working with cancer patients in a hospital
- I work with young people age 11+
- I work with domestic violence
- I work for Rape crisis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
The session cost is £35.00 for one hour. I offer daytime/evenings/weekends and accommodate shift work. There is parking and I'm very close to bus stops.
I can help you with
Alcohol/ Drug problems, Gambling, smoking, Eating disorders, Cancer, Bereavement, Stress, Anxiety and Panic attacks, Work related issues or bullying, Relationship problems, Depression, Self esteem issues, Anger, Fears, Trauma, Phobias.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability day evenings and weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|