Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I am a very experienced senior accredited (BACP & COSRT) psychotherapist based in Ashby de la Zouch who specialises in relationship counselling and psychosexual therapy for individuals and couples of any age, gender and sexual orientation. I am also an accredited clinical supervisor.
I have over 21 years of experience in assisting clients with their mental, emotional and physical well-being and offer sessions in person or via video, telephone or instant chat.
Here are some of the issues I work with:
- Relationships - for example: repetitive arguments, poor communication, broken trust, affairs, relationship breakdown, lack of support, taking each other for granted, unable to move forward or plan ahead, divorce or separation, impact of addictions (ie porn or sex).
- Intimacy: sexual function and sexual feelings (please see my website for specific conditions).
- Sexual abuse and childhood sexual abuse.
- Relationships with family, friends or colleagues.
- Grief and loss.
- The aftermath of suicide.
- Low self-esteem and confidence.
- Health, well-being and dealing with illness.
- Loss of direction, meaning and purpose.
- Angry or violent outbursts.
Acknowledging a problem can be difficult and asking for help isn't always easy, so if you would like to discuss how counselling or sex therapy could assist you then please phone me for a free 15 minute consultation.
As a therapist, I recognise that you may not find it easy to talk to a stranger about your problems. Giving voice to our problems makes them real and sometimes we don't even know how they came about, let alone how to feel better about ourselves or the situation we find ourselves in. I will provide you with a caring, supportive and confidential environment in which we will look at, and find a way through, the problems you are experiencing (either individually or as a couple). And, don't worry, you won't be coerced into doing or saying anything you don't want to - I feel passionate about empowering you to make changes that you identify to create a more fulfilling life.
As an accredited supervisor, I offer clinical supervision and support to counsellors and other staff working in healthcare or the caring professions. I provide supervision from my practice in Ashby de la Zouch, in the workplace or via video.
Training, qualifications & experience
Here are my qualifications:
- MSc (with Merit) in Psychosexual Therapy (University of Central Lancashire).
- University Advanced Diploma in Couple Counselling (Relate Institute, University of Hull).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy - Psychosexual Therapy (Relate Institute, University of Hull).
- Relate Counsellor Graduate Certificate.
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (Relate Institute).
- EMDR Training (Richman EMDR Training).
- Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Therapy Institute).
- Level 4 Certificate in Integrating Mindfulness and Compassion in Professional Practice.
- Certificate in Coaching (Your Business in Mind).
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (University of Derby).
And a bit of additional information...
- Former NHS Psychosexual Service Lead for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- A registered and senior accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- A senior accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
- BUPA registered.
- DBS checked.
- Hold full professional indemnity insurance.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£85.00 per session
When I work
Daytime and evening appointments are offered.
About the sessions...
The first session will be an assessment of your situation, so that we can decide on the best way forward for you.
It is likely that you will attend weekly, however fortnightly appointments are possible, depending on your needs. One-off sessions are also available.
It is impossible to say how many sessions you will need - that decision is yours. However, clients typically attend between 6 and 20.