Julie Hogan BA (Hons) Registered MBACP (Accred) Individual & Couples Therapist
East Cornwall Counselling
07929953978 / 07929 953978
I understand talking to someone about personal and painful issues may seem very daunting at first and finding the right therapist just as difficult. Having a no obligation initial assessment allows you the opportunity to seek out the right counsellor before you commit yourself to doing the work. See website blog for more information: http://eastcornwallcounselling.co.uk/self-care/why-an-intial-meeting-with-a-counsellor-is-useful/
I work with a wide range of issues; depression, anxiety, panic disorders, social anxieties, stress, addictions, relationship issues, grief and bereavement including miscarriages and stillbirths, attachment disorders, dissociation, trauma, low self-esteem, confidence issues, child sexual abuse and abuse, redundancy, family issues and hearing loss. Also, working with couples and Individuals who have experienced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I have an awareness of forces life, Deaf and hearing loss and unemployment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Continuous Personal Development:
As part of my commitment to my counselling work and my clients, I continually develop my counselling knowledge and skills by regularly attending workshops and training courses. For example
- The Psychophysiology of PTSD and Trauma: how we can make Trauma Therapy safer
- The Missing Link - Working with the Traumatised Body
- Essential Toolkit for Running Groups
- Working with Dissociative Disorders In Clinical Practice
- Dissociation and DID: The Fundamentals
- Essential Supervision Skills
- International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy
- Understanding Anxiety and Managing it Without Drugs
- How to Break the Cycle of Depression
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Working with Relational Trauma
- NICE: Anxiety Disorder
- Early Infant Loss and Bereavement (miscarriage and stillbirths)
- Eating Disorders
- Trauma Workshop & Working with trauma - based on principles of Somatic Experiencing
- Understanding how trauma affects the body
- Working Compassionately
- What makes a loss more complex
- A Child's Grief
- Identification & Brief Advice with alcohol users, Cornwall Drug and Alcohol Team
- Anger, Rage & Relationship (Cornwall).
- Cruse Bereavement Training
Please see my Website Blog for further details regarding my ongoing development. Available on http://eastcornwallcounselling.co.uk/all-blogs/training/
2015. BA (Hons) Humanistic and Integrative Counselling, Validated by Middlesex University, London.
January 2011. Advanced Diploma in Counselling Level 4. Introduction to Transactional Analysis.
January 2010. Advanced Diploma in Counselling Level 3. Psychodynamic with CBT supporting model.
January 2009. Advanced Certificate in Counselling.
June 2006. Intermediate Counselling Skills. VC11-Skills Acquisition & Practice. VC12 –Working with Loss & Grief
Jan 2006. Introduction to Counselling Concepts. VC01 & VC02
British Sign Language Qualifications:
British Sign Language (BSL) Level 4
British Sign Language (BSL) Level 3 Including Deaf Culture
British Sign Language (BSL) Level 2
British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1
Level 3 Advice and Guidance
I have over 8 years counselling experience and as well as working privately, I work with three Charities.
The first as a support worker, working with people who experience mental health issues in a supportive environment. I also work with people who use British Sign Language and those who experience a range of anxieties.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
£35.00 Individual Counselling - session 60 minutes
£45.00 Couples Counselling - session 60 minutes
£55.00 Hypnotherapy for smoking cessation, relaxation, weight loss and confidence - session 90 minutes.
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and have a particular interest in Anxiety Disorders, Trauma and Dissociation, Depersonalisation and Derealisation, Deafness and Hearing Loss and Miscarriage and Stillbirths.
Monday 12pm to 9pm
Tuesday 8am to 9pm
Wednesday 8am to 9pm
Thursday 8am to 9pm
Friday 8am to 9pm
Saturday 9am to 12 midday
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||British Sign Language (BSL Level 4)|
Monday 12 midday to 9pm Tuesday to Thursday 8am to 9pm Friday- 8am to 9pm, Saturday 9am 12 midday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|