Julie Allison MBACP - Advanced Diploma in Counselling (AQA, 2009).
Thank you for reading my profile. I offer individual and family/couple counselling. I am an experienced counsellor with a lot of life experience. I have great rapport with clients of all ages. I am down to earth, non-judgmental and an easy person to talk to. I see my role as one of empowering my clients to have the strength and determination to help themselves to make changes. I believe its what we have to deal with in life that truly makes us the people we are.
I offer both short and long-term therapy, within Carrickfergus, Larne, Belfast and surrounding areas. I can offer appointments outside normal working hours and am very flexible in order to meet client needs. Please do not hesitate to call and we can discuss anything you are unsure about. I can provide client references.
I like to use person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapies but will select from a number of different approaches appropriate to the client's needs. This is based on the theory that there is no proof that anyone theoretical approach works better than all others for a specific problem. After all, we are all unique and one size doesn't fit all.
What to expect from our sessions...
When you first make the brave decision to have counselling I will talk you through the initial process. For example, we begin with a brief assessment of your needs and what you expect to achieve from your counselling experience. I will outline our working partnership. We will discuss fees, location and time of session and whether a long or short term relationship is needed. This will be the time where you decide if you feel that you are comfortable and at ease with the working relationship.
Steps to Getting Started:
- Email me to discuss your needs and how we can help each other
- Talk about what you expect to get from counselling
- Make appointment (time and place)
- Arrange further sessions if you are happy to proceed
Counselling with Children...
I have a wealth of experience (12+ years) working with children of various ages. From primary age right through to high school/ secondary.
Your child may need help with:
- Family issues - stress/illness etc
- Panick Attacks
- Severe Anxiety
- Anger Management
- Low self-esteem
I have found that children respond particularly well to therapy through art and play, if you would like to find out more I would encourage to contact me to discuss futher.
Training, qualifications & experience
MBACP - Advanced Diploma in Counselling (AQA, 2009).
I continue to enrich my own personal development particularly in the areas of:
- self harm
- drug awareness
- self love and care
- families living with cancer
- anxiety and stress
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- I charge £30 per session (50 mins)
I am able to offer appointments both in and ouside of normal working hours.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in confidence to discuss anything you are unsure about.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evenings and weekends
Types of client