Thank you for viewing my profile. My name is John Ellis I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS Accred).
I am an Integrative therapist using a number of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) models. This gives me the skill, ability and flair to utilise these models individually or bring them together in a synergy to help you achieve the outcome you desire from therapy.
As well as private practice, I have 5 years as an active volunteer at the national mental health charity, Mind, here I work with the long-term and crisis 'face to face' counselling teams, seeing clients virtually, on web cam via Zoom and Skype.
Training, qualifications & experience
Association for Psychological Therapies (APT).
APT is a leading provider of accredited training for professionals working in mental health and related areas in the UK and Ireland.
- Awarded The APT Diploma in Psychological Therapies. (The diploma is awarded on successful completion and examination of a two year program in the following therapeutic modalities) (Completed August 2021)
- Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Intervention, in crisis situations
- MI (Motivational Interviewing)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment therapy)
- SFBT (Solution Focused 'Brief' Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) Essentials
- CBT (Cognitive behavioural Therapy).
Psychwire provides signature online courses for mental health professionals, by the global leaders in evidence-based therapy.
- ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) as a Brief Intervention Russ Harris. A five month advanced level examined training based on FACT ‘Focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapy’ (Completed October 2021).
- ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Beginners’. An intensive five month examined training course teaching the core skills of ACT (Completed June 2021)
Cruise Bereavement Care.
Cruise is a UK charity working to enhance society's care of bereaved people.
- Loss and Bereavement Awareness – Grief in Lockdown
(Completed July 2020).
College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
A London based college providing accredited counselling courses in CBT/REBT.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT / REBT – pass with merit – accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS), the National Hypnotherapy Society (NHS) and approved by the AREBT (Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy) (A seven month classroom based examined course)
(Completed September 2019)
- Advanced Diploma in CBT / REBT – pass with distinction - accredited by the NCS and approved by the AREBT (Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy) (A seven month classroom based examined course)
- (Completed May 2019)
- Diploma in CBT / REBT - accredited by the NCS and approved by the AREBT (Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy)
(A six month classroom based examined course)
(Completed April 2017)
- Certificate in Blended Learning, Counselling Skills and Ethics (Completed July 2016)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with