MNCS (Accred) Cognitive Behavioural Therapist.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Thank you for checking out my profile; my name is John Ellis, I am an Accredited Member of the NCS (National Counselling Society).
I am an Integrative therapist with extensive training in a number of modalities. I have the skill, ability and flair to utilise these modalities individually or bring them together in a synergy to help my clients achieve the outcome they desire from therapy.
As well as private practice, I have 6 years experience as an active volunteer counsellor at the national mental health charity, Mind, here I work with the long-term and crisis counselling teams, seeing clients 'face to face' and virtually on web cam via Zoom and Skype.
With the position at Mind comes extensive weekly clinical supervision with some of the countries leading clinicians allowing me to develop my counselling skills even further.
I also volunteer as a counsellor for Frontline19 which is a nationwide, free, independent and confidential service delivering psychological support to people working in the NHS and the police service.
For enquiries about my private practice, please contact me here.
Training, qualifications & experience
Psychwire provides signature online courses for mental health professionals, by the global leaders in evidence-based therapy.
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Anxiety and Depression’. A six-month advanced level examined training course. (Completed May 2022)
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris, Kirk Strosahl & Patricia Robinson ‘ACT as a Brief Intervention’. A six-month advanced level examined training course based on FACT ‘Focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapy’.
(Completed October 2021).
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Beginners’. An intensive six-month examined training course teaching the core skills of ACT
(Completed June 2021)
Association for Psychological Therapies. APT is a leading provider of accredited training for professionals working in mental health and related areas in the UK and Ireland.
• Diploma in Psychological Therapies.
The diploma is awarded on successful completion and examination of a two-year program in the following therapeutic modalities;
• Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Intervention, in Crisis Situations
• MI (Motivational Interviewing)
• ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
• SFBT (Solution Focused 'Brief' Therapy)
• DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) Essentials
• CBT (Cognitive behavioural Therapy).
(Completed August 2021).
Cruise Bereavement Care.
Cruise is a UK charity working to enhance society's care of bereaved people.
• Loss and Bereavement Awareness – Grief in Lockdown
(Completed July 2020).
College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
A London based college providing accredited counselling courses in CBT (REBT).
• Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT (REBT) – pass with merit – accredited by the National Counselling Society (NCS), the National Hypnotherapy Society (NHS) and approved by the AREBT (Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy). A seven-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed September 2019)
• Advanced Diploma in CBT (REBT) – pass with distinction - accredited by the NCS and approved by the AREBT. A seven-month classroom based examined course. (Completed May 2019)
• Diploma in CBT (REBT) - accredited by the NCS and approved by the AREBT. A six-month classroom based examined course. (Completed April 2017)
• Certificate in Blended Learning, Counselling Skills and Ethics
(Completed July 2016)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I offer a free 15-minute telephone call or Zoom so we can introduce ourselves and to see if the way I work fits with what you are looking for. I look forward to hearing from you.
£35.00 for trainee counsellors
When I work