Jo Jones MBACP
I am a qualified counsellor with several years experience in one to one counselling for adults and young people. I qualified in 2016 from Staffordshire University. I have worked with a local charity counselling and supporting victims of sexual violence since 2014. In addition to this I work for a local mental health support helpline and I have experience working for one of the countries top EAP Providers providing immediate support counselling to clients experiencing a range of mental health issues and life challenges. In 2016 I also graduated from The University of Worcester with a Post Graduate Certificate in Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Violence and I have worked for four years as an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor supporting victims through the Criminal Justice System. Although my foundation is Person Centred I would describe myself as having an integrative approach with a keen interest in Solution Focused Therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- University of Worcester Post Graduate Certificate Postgraduate Certificate in Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Violence 2016
- Staffordshire University Diploma Psychotherapeutic Diploma in counselling 2016
- Staffordshire University Certificate in counselling skills 2014
- Staffordshire University Introduction to counselling skills 2014
- Multi agency Level 2 Safeguarding Children May 2019
- First Aid at work Certificate November 2018
- ISVA service manager training The Survivors Trust accredited training The Survivors Trust 2018
- Let’s play workshop Savana accredited training Savana 2017
- Working with the inner child workshop Savana accredited training Savana 2017
- Working with children who display sexualised behaviour workshop Central Conference
- Working therapeutically with children Savana accredited training Savana 2017
- Witchcraft and spirit possession Savana accredited training Savana 2017
- Multi agency Level 3 safeguarding children and parental mental health 2017
- Safeguarding Board Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Board 2016
- Professional development workshop Staffordshire University Staffordshire University 2016
- Domestic violence training Virtual College Virtual College 2016
- Child abuse and neglect training Virtual College Virtual College 2016
- Working with dreams workshop Staffordshire University Staffordshire University 2016
- Human trafficking seminar Staffordshire Police Staffordshire police 2015
- Creative writing workshop Staffordshire university Staffordshire University 2015
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Your first 30 minute consultation will be free and face to face counselling is £35 per 1hour weekly session.
Discounts available for counselling students.
In addition I can offer structured telephone counselling for £30 per 1hour weekly session
Fees can be paid by cash or through Paypal
I am a registered member of the BACP which means I work within their ethical framework. I believe confidentiality is the key to a trusting professional working relationship. I have clear professional boundaries which I feel is vital in order to keep my clients safe. For me counselling is led by the client and I will work with the issues you bring and together we will explore the solutions.