Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
I’ve adopted an integrative approach to counselling, this enables me to work with the whole you. I strive to provide you with a friendly, confidential and reflective place, helping you to unravel your experience and understand true deep-rooted feelings in order to resolve them.
Coupled with person centred ideology, the focus is on you. My aim is to meet you where you are, and work at a pace that’s right for you.
As a qualified counsellor I’m able to recognise the importance of having a place where you can feel heard, where you no longer feel invisible trudging through treacle, navigating through what often feels like a tricky experience.
I’ll be there to stay alongside you as you present your thoughts and feelings without judgement. Counselling isn’t about giving advice, but empowering you to choose your direction, enabling you to examine your life to make the choice that feel right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Self-harm and Suicide Prevention
- Headspace Training – Understanding and working with developmental Trauma Part 1 & 2
- Headspace Training – Level 3 Certificate Allied Therapeutic Skills
- Association for Counselling & Therapy Online – Professional Member (Level 2) achieving OCST 4 Certificate Online Counselling
- Fully insured, holding an Enhanced DBS
- Registered Member of BACP (390725)
- 1:1 Counsellor Children/Young People within a maintain special school for young people. Severe to moderate learning difficulties, with other complex needs. – using talking/creative therapy
- 1:1 Counsellor Adolescents within College/Further Education Setting experiencing a variety of difficulties including relationships/education pressure
- 1:1 Group Therapist with Adolescents – using Creative methods
- Emotional support for Children/Young People whom had experienced Trauma and attachment difficulties related to difficulties at home or prior to being a looked after child.
- Team around the Child Meetings advising on how best to support a child’s emotional needs at school and providing Reports for Educational Health Care Plans
- Working in strategic multi-disciplinary teams and providing reports.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 - £55.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
How I deliver therapy
I offer all sessions by appointment; in person, online webcam or audio. Sessions are £50.00 for 50minutes and usually on a weekly or fortnightly basis, although this may vary upon client need.
It's best to contact me by email in the first instance, I will then contact you to arrange a free introductory session (30mins). Be sure to advise me of your preferred way for me to contact you.
When I work
Person to person Tuesday/Friday at the location stated. £50/50min appointment only
Online therapy 45/50min by appointment only