Jo Nicholl PG/DipPsy. MBACP
17 Cavendish Square
585A Fulham Road
INDIVIDUAL and COUPLES COUNSELLING.
As a psychotherapist for 25 years and a specialist in Relationship Therapy and Couples Counselling. I know that talking to someone with expertise can help you feel less alone, less confused and better able to understand the issues you are struggling with. By working with me you will gain some really useful tools in order to communicate more effectively and help your relationship go forward.
At certain times everybody finds RELATIONSHIPS difficult and challenging - whether the relationship is intimate, family or work.
AS A COUPLE YOU MAY BE EXPERIENCING
- Frequent fighting and arguments
- Loneliness and Frustration in your relationship
- The discovery of an affair; betrayal; loss of trust
- sex is no longer enjoyable/frequent enough
- strong tensions in a step-family
- Separation/divorce seems like the only option.
AS AN INDIVIDUAL WANTING A BETTER UNDERSTANDING ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS:
These are some of the questions I can help you answer..
- Why do we escalate so easily in arguing?
- Why is being vulnerable in a relationship so difficult?
- Does fighting mean the relationship is no good?
- Is infrequent sex a sign the relationship is on the rocks?
- Why is commitment so scary?
By seeking Couples Counselling/Relationship Therapy
- resentments, hurts and breaks of trust can be healed
- fights and arguments become less frequent
- gain insight into patterns which can lead to better communication
- Bring back intimacy and loving feelings
I work with COUPLES and INDIVIDUALS in SWISS COTTAGE, WEST KENSINGTON AND HARLEY ST; During an initial consultation we can discuss the issues that you want to look at and then decide how many session you may need and you can decide if I am the right therapist for you. I offer short and long-term therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (PG/Dip). The London School of Psychotherapy. UK.
- Certificate: Marriage and Personal Counselling (Relate)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Creative Couples Counselling. The Centre for Gender Psychology. UK
- Certificate:Somatic Trauma Therapy. The Cambridge Body Psychotherapy Centre. UK
- Certificate: Understanding Trauma; Principles and Practice. The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, London. UK
- Online Training with Esther Perel and Terrence Real
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- 585a Fulham Road London SW6 5UA:
- Individuals: £70
- Consultation: £75 (50 minutes)
- Subsequent Sessions: £100 (50 minutes)
- £140 (70 minutes)
- 17 Cavendish SquareLondon W1:
- Individuals: £80
- Consultation: £90
- Subsequent Sessions: £130 (50 mins)
- £170 (70 mins)
- 86 Goldhurst Terrace London NW6 3HS
- Individuals: £75
- Consultation: £80 (50 mins)
- Susequent Sessions: £100 (50 mins)
- £140 (70 mins)
low cost counselling is offered to ex-servicemen and women; and students
COUPLE COUNSELLING. RELATIONSHIP THERAPY
Common Signs Your Relationship Needs Support
- Separation or divorce feels like the only option left open to you
- Violent verbal or pysical outbursts
- Problematic sex; which may mean none at all, or what you do is unsatisfactory for one, or both of you.
- IF YOU:
- Want More Intimacy
- Have discovered an affair; a betrayal, or break of trust
- Are Stuck in arguments and conflict
- Want help being part of a step-family
WORKING WITH ME YOU CAN
- Understand how power and vulnerability work in relationships in order that resentments and pain can be healed.
- Learn better to manage your feelings, care for yourself and find out how to get your needs met.
- Understand how old behaviour patterns get in the way of you achieving intimacy and for lvoe to start up again.
Couples Counselling helps you to understand each other by improving communication.It helps you express your feelings as well as your arguments; increasing the ability to regulate emotions when under stress. Hurt feelings, angry resentments and trust ebbing away can be healed as an understanding of your patterns of behaviour is developed. You can become untangled from each other without loosing intimate connections.
THE POWER OF TWO: ONE COUPLE, TWO THERAPISTS: Some couples may feel more comfortable and less intimidated working together with a Specialist Female and Male Team who can provide you with their emotional support, balance and understanding; in which case you can meet with myself and a male colleague, Please contact me for more information or click on Contact and Fees on my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays. 7.30am - 9pm.
Types of client