Joanna Chrzastowska; Msc, Dip. in Couns., MBACP (Accred)
Warm welcome to my profile.
My name is Joanna and I am a fully qualified and BACP accredited therapist and Transactional Analysis practitioner.
I run my private therapy practice in West London (Ealing Broadway — W4, W5, W7, W13) and East London (Hackney Central — E9, E8). I support people through counselling and psychotherapy sessions, as well as coaching and training.
I offer a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space for looking at whatever you would like to bring – be that anxiety, depression, feeling sad, loss, trauma, relationship problems, family issues, anger, identity issues or any other issue.
My special interests and expertise include issues of identity and purpose, issues of emotional abandonment, and working with the relationships in all their forms; with the self, with the other and with the dynamic the two or more people create when they get together.
I value developing an attentive and caring relationship towards oneself, which translates to our relationships with those around us.
I work with anyone who wishes to engage in a process of deepening self-discovery, gain greater connection with self and others, and improve and enrich their relationships.
What can you expect the process to look like?
- You can contact me by telephone, email or text - all enquiries are strictly confidential.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me for a free 10-15 minute no obligation chat to briefly discuss the issue you are currently facing. I will explain how I may be able to help you and answer any questions you have.
- If you are happy to proceed, we would arrange to meet for a first session. At this point, we will talk a little bit about you and your history, what brought you here and what you would like to achieve from the sessions. There is no obligation to commit to further sessions after this first meeting.
- Once we have agreed to move forward and work together the counselling process will go through different phases based on your needs and goals.
- The initial session might last from 30 – 50 minutes and subsequent sessions are 50 minutes. Ongoing sessions are usually once a week. The duration of our work together could be as short as six weeks or longer, depending on your need and preference.
My main way of working is based on the Transactional Analysis model and I am also able to use a wide range of techniques and theories, tailoring my approach to suit you. In my work I have integrated some ideas and techniques from CBT, mindfulness, existential therapy, and art therapy.
I have two practices; one in Hackney (East London, E8, E9) and one in Ealing Broadway (West London, W5, W7, W13). My fee is £55 - £60 per individual session, and £70 per couple session.
I am available for telephone consultations from Monday to Saturday. I aim to respond to all voice messages/texts/emails within 24 hours.
Ealing Broadway: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am – 10pm
Hackney: Tuesday 5pm - 10pm
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling - I have a diploma in Transactional Analysis counselling having completed a 4-year advanced training in TA counselling and psychotherapy
- Couples Counselling course
- MSc in Life Sciences
- BACP (Registered Accredited Member; 236487)
- National Counselling Society (Accredited Registrant; NCS16-03443)
Data Protection Registered
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer online sessions.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Consultation session - £40 (30 - 50 min)
Individual counselling session £55 (daytime) - £60 (evening)
Couple counselling - £70 (50 min)
Before we agree to work together, I will invite you to have an initial face-to-face, or online consultation session that will cost £40.
(cash, cheque or electronic transfers accepted)
Areas of counselling you deal with:
- Life Transitions, Stress, Work Related Issues
- Bereavement, Loss, Grief
- Abuse, Trauma, Traumatic Events
- Sense of Isolation, Homesickness
- Anxiety, Anxiety Attacks, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Low Mood, Feeling Sad, Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Low Self-Esteem, Distorted Self-Image
- Relationship Issues, Family Issues
- Separations and Divorce
- General Sense of Meaninglessness
- Anger, Bulling
- Sexuality (Gender, Relationship Diversities; LGBTQIA, BDSM/kink, non-monogamy)
In addition to counselling sessions I also periodically run psycho-educational groups and life coaching sessions for everyone who wishes to improve their self-knowledge, learn how to better communicate and connect with others, and identify their personal goals in life.
I believe we all have an opportunity to live in attunement with what really matters to us, and with a sense of freedom and harmony within ourselves. My passion is to facilitate each individual person to live more consciously and more purposefully whilst meeting the daily challenges and limitations of life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Core hours are: West London: Mon, Wed, & Thu - 9am - 10pm, East London: Tue - 5pm - 10pm.
Types of client