Jenny Trainor (BACP accred) BACP Registered
I have been a Counsellor for 12 years and became accredited by the BACP in 2012, I specialise in working with clients who have low self-esteem, depression and anxiety issues. I specialise in working with those who have been bereaved, especially those who have been bereaved by suicide. I also support those who feel suicidal and who are self-harming. My other speciality is ls working with children, adolescence and young adults. Coming to counselling may be difficult decision to make so I provide a friendly, caring, non-judgemental enviroment to help you achieve your goals. Flexible appointments available including evenings and weekends.
- Suicidal Ideation - prevention, intervention and postvention and being bereaved by suicide.
- Anxiety & Depression - in Northern Ireland 1 in 5 of us will face a mental health problem sometime in our lives.
- Low Self Esteem - most children suffer alone with a sense of worthlessness. Many become adults with the same loneliness and sense of defeat
- Stress - one of the biggest problems causing absenteeism from school or lost days off work.
- Addiction - whether with alcohol, drugs, food or gambling lives fall apart and families hurt.
- Grief - feeling alone or not understood after the loss of someone.
- Life Transitions - often the most difficult part of life is fitting in after a
significant move or change. Sexual orientation/LGBT
- Trauma Related Issues - can result in the replay of unwanted horrible images, fear, isolation and harm.
- Anger Management - this is not a problem with being angry. Everyone has the right to be angry. It is more how you express anger and control it rather than it controlling you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cruse bereavement training
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Cruse Add on modules
- ASSIST training
- SAFETALK (alcohol & drugs)
- OUTSTANDING (youth work)
- Children order & Child protection
- Mental Health First Aid
- Zest for life (Building self-esteem)
- Zest for life (building self- esteem)
- Nexus (working with survivors of Childhood sexual abuse)
- STORM training
- PIPS (preventing suicide in young people)
- Newry and Mourne Drug and Alcohol Partnership
- Zest for life Certificate in CBT
- Zest for life trauma recovery
- Psychodrama training
- Autism training
- Refresher in Child Protection
- Vulnerable Adult Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
A 50 minute session will cost £35.00
Evening sessions are available if necessary
Concessions available to students Counsellors and those on low income
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|