Dr Jayne Lane - Reg MBACP PhD Post Grad Diploma Counselling & Psychotherapy
07753 328167 / 07753 328167
- My therapy room is close to central Wakefield, about 5 minutes from M1 J41, with free parking right outside - and easily assessed by public transport. Check out the pic of my room lower down this page.
- I work with individual clients aged 14 upwards.
- I offer couples counselling
- I have had specialist training to support my work with autistic/Aspergers clients and this is a particular focus for my continuing professional development at the moment.
- I work with a broad range of issues, including:
- RELATIONSHIP ISSUES
- PHYSICAL ABUSE
- SEXUAL ABUSE
- PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE
- I offer the Rewind Technique for processing traumatic memory and phobias
- I offer you a CONFIDENTIAL service in line with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy's professional code of ethics.
- In a nutshell, I am non-judgemental, empathic and very real - and I aim to work with you confidentially on what you choose, in a way that feels helpful to you
As you think about your situation right now, you may feel clear about your concern and why you are looking for counselling. Or you may feel a bit unclear about they whys and whats of exactly how you're feeling.
It's ok if you are struggling to work out what’s going on for you; you may feel depressed or anxious but not know exactly why, or you may find yourself getting angry or feel your mood is low for no clear reason. WE CAN WORK ON THIS
We will start by exploring your feelings about the situation/dilemma that's facing you.
Once I’ve listened to your reasons for coming to see me, we'll discuss options for ways of working together and review this regularly.
Our working relationship will be very important
It's essential you feel you're working with a counsellor who feels right for you - research shows that's really important.
I offer a no-strings-attached initial consultation where we can see how it feels to work together. Then you can decide if you want to go ahead.
- I’m an experienced humanistic Integrative counsellor and psychotherapist and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I have a National Counselling Society Certificate in Working Therapeutically with Children and Young People
- I am trained in the NHS IAPT Counselling for Depression
- I have been trained by Dr David Muss in the Rewind Technique for processing traumatic memory and phobias
Sorry about the jargon in this section - by all means Google any of the terms in bold and/or ask me for a "translation".
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- NCS Certificate in Working Therapeutically with Children and Young People
- NHS IAPT Counselling for Depression (York St John University)
- Rewind Technique - trained by Dr David Muss
I began my training as a counsellor/psychotherapist on the Certificate in Counselling Skills at Wakefield College, and from there to the Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of York St John. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and I work to its professional ethical standards.
Counselling Continuing Professional Development:
Specialist autism group clinical supervision and CPD with Aspire Training bi-monthly from October 2018
Sexual violence and Laddism in HE: Leeds University Student Counselling and Wellbeing Centre
Balint experiential workshop: Sheffield
Counselling clients on the autistic spectrum: Aspire Training
Rewind Technique: David Muss, Birmingham University
Working with Dissociative Survivors in Clinical Practice: PODS
Counselling for Depression top-up training for Well Women Centre counsellors: York St John University
Brief counselling: Leeds University Student Counselling and Wellbeing Centre
Working ethically – Tim Bond: Leeds University Student Counselling and Wellbeing Centre
Working Therapeutically with Children and Young People (9 month course): Ellesmere Centre, Hull
Existential approaches to counselling: York St John University
Childhood Sexual Abuse: Well Women Centre, Wakefield
Bereavement Counselling: York St John University
Working with relational trauma: Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
Working with clients reacting to traumatic events in the workplace/short term counselling: Yorkshire Counselling Network
Trauma and the body: somatisation and dissociation: Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
Counselling clients on the autistic spectrum: Yorkshire Counselling Network
LGBT training for counsellors: Leeds University Student Counselling Centre
Working with Adult Bullying: Yorkshire Counselling Network
Couples Counselling: Yorkshire Counselling Network
Introduction to CBT: York St John University
Working with personality disorders: Yorkshire Counselling Network
Introduction to EMDR: York St John University
Working with clients with eating disorders: Yorkshire Counselling Network
Existential philosophy and counselling: Yorkshire Counselling Network
Along with working in private practice, I’ve worked in different clinical settings:
- a residential rehab unit for women with life-controlling addictions
- an NHS staff counselling service
- a city-based GP referral practice
- a city-based women’s IAPT counselling service
- a secondary school
- a University counselling service
- community-based counselling for adults whose mental health is impacting on children in their care
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
- Individual therapy: £50 per 50 minute session.
- Couples therapy: £60 per 50 minute session
- Discounts/concessions: please contact me about reduced rates for counsellors in training.
To arrange a first consultation, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone me on 07753328167. Should you be unable to reach me, you can leave your contact details on my voicemail.
I will contact you back via email or phone, whichever you prefer, to have a brief chat about what you would like to use therapy for, and we can, if you like, arrange to meet for a first consultation.
I’m from Yorkshire. I’ve lived in other parts of Great Britain (and truly loved Glasgow) and now I’m settled in my home county, in Wakefield.
Jobs I’ve done
Before training in counselling/psychotherapy, I had a variety of jobs, including
- teaching in Further Education
- working in retail staff management
- management consultancy and training
- voluntary work within my local community
I’ve been a researcher and also a volunteer helper in primary schools, and had a brilliant time working with challenging kids, some with special needs, and linking up with their parents, sharing their joys and concerns in the tricky business of raising a family and making difficult decisions. Being a parent can be great job - and a tough one, for sure!
For nearly ten years, I managed a team of volunteers with a big heart for caring, working with people whose life-controlling addictions often took them to the edge of despair. Loneliness, friendlessness and fear colour the lives of many of these people, who are often desperately trying to find a way out of this situation.
In every job I’ve had, it’s been the bit about supporting people that I’ve really valued: helping people develop and tap into their inner strengths, maybe surprising themselves by achieving more than they dreamed of.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please let me know if you need an easily accessible therapy room. There is free parking right outside - I can reserve a space if you let me know in advance.
Please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|