Jayne Coates MBACP (registered)
It takes courage to reach out and ask for support when you're feeling low. I offer a safe, non-judgemental space to reflect on your personal experiences, develop self-awareness and make the changes you are looking for to obtain a more fulfilling life.
We all experience times when life can be stressful and can feel overwhelming. Asking for support is not admitting you can't cope, it's looking for ways to help you cope, and seeking support outside of our family and friendship groups can be beneficial for many reasons. I will work with you in a compassionate way so you feel respected, listened to and understood throughout our time together, for as long as you feel is necessary.
As an integrative counsellor, I draw on different models to suit your individual needs, with my main theoretical approach being person-centered. This means I will walk alongside you on your journey, offering a confidential, trusting space, for you to flourish into the person you want to be.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- BTEC Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling at RACC.
- Certificate levels 2 & 3 in Therapeutic Counselling Skills and Theory at RACC.
- Counsellor at Off The Record – a counselling service for young people aged 11-24 for up to 12 sessions.
- Volunteer Counsellor at Kingston Womens Centre – long term counselling for women for up to two years.
- Certificates in Safeguarding Children, Child Sexual Exploitation and Gangs and Youth Violence.
- I am committed to improving my service by attending regular Continuing Professional Development courses and workshops (CPD).
- I attend regular supervision.
- I have over 900 client hours experience
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I offer an initial assessment for £35. This gives you the opportunity to make sure I am the right counsellor for you, before committing to regular sessions.
My rate is between £50-£60 for a 50 minute session, depending on availability. I would recommend weekly sessions to give you the best opportunity for change. I offer long term and short term counselling to be agreed at the point of assessment and reviewed regularly.
I have a limited number of student places available at a discounted rate. Please contact me for details by calling, texting or emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Off street parking available.
I am located between Kingston and Surbiton train stations.
The closest bus routes are K1, K4, 71, 281, 406, 418, 671, K2, K3
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for availability
Types of client