Jan Ellis Reg MBACP. Counselling Diploma and Cert in Relationship Counselling.
112b Marlborough Road
3 Victoria Road
Castell-nedd Port Talbot
I offer both Individual and Relationship Counselling to adults over 18 years old.
I’m an Integrative Counsellor, using various therapies tailored to suit your specific needs; including Person Centred, Emotionally Focused, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
Life can be complex and bring different challenges which can affect many areas of our lives.
I am extremely passionate in helping you to deal with these challenges in order that you can lead a happier, more enjoyable life.
Thoughts and feelings have a real affect on ourselves, our behaviour and how we react and cope in all areas of our lives. I feel it is important to work through any challenges / issues so we can move on and be happy both within ourselves and within our relationships.
I feel that being genuine, open and honest and building a professional relationship of trust with clients is key to successful outcomes for clients.
I am a very dedicated, genuine, professional who focuses on getting the best possible result for all clients.
Looking specifically at ways to work through things with you is something I work hard to achieve with yourself. This way the counselling sessions are realistically going to be more beneficial to yourself.
I realise that you have different priorities at different times so I try to work as flexibly as possible.
I work with a wide range of issues including:
- Addictive issues
- Alcohol /Substance abuse issues
- Life Coaching
- Anger management
- Self-esteem /Confidence issues
- Stress management
- Domestic abuse
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders
- Transgender clients
- Emotional/Behavioural issues
- Family issues
- Weight loss/weight gain
- Financial issues
- Work related issues
- Various mental health issues /learning difficulties
Please see added areas of counselling work covered in section further down
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked in the Support Services with individuals with complex needs for 15 years and progressed from Support Worker to Service Manager in that time. Working with individuals with various complex health issues and learning difficulties; including brain injury, various addictions, anxiety, depression, self- harm, anger management, low self-esteem, bipolar, schizophrenia, agoraphobia, autism and physical disabilities.
I have also volunteered with Hafan Cymru, counselling individuals with domestic violence issues and have volunteered with Marriage Care as a Relationship Counsellor for four years working with a variety of relationship problems with both individuals and couples.
I now focus on working as a Private Counsellor having trained in different areas for some years.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling
- Post graduate Certificate in NLP Coaching: Level 7
- BSC degree in Social Policy and Sociology
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care
- ILM / NVQ in Management
- Working with Domestic Violence
- Emotional Focused Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Tapping Therapy
- Trans-identified and trans-historied issues
- Dealing with depression
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Complex mental health issues
- Sexual abuse
- Self esteem and confidence
I am at present studying for Diplomas in Mindfulness and nutrition and Weight management.
I am committed to continued professional development (CPD) in line with professional and BACP Requirements
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- £40 per hour 1-1 Counselling
- £50 per hour Couples Counselling
- Concessions for students and those with financial difficulties
- Concessions for students who are needing counselling as part of their counselling qualification
I work within 2 professional, confidential counselling rooms in Brynmill and Gorseinon; which are both located in Swansea and also 1 room in Port Talbot.
I realise that contacting counsellors can be daunting so if you want to ask any questions or need clarity on anything please email me or ring and I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible
Thank you for reading my profile.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Swansea: Monday 745 pm Tuesday - Thursday 9am-9 pm Friday 9-5 pm Saturday 9-3 pm Sunday 9-1pm Port Talbot Mondays 11am - 12 and 2 pm - 7 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|