Jade Cammarata, Dip.Couns, MBACP Registered
Life can be hard at times and we all need some extra support to help us through.
whether it’s just 6 sessions you want or long term therapy I can help you.
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor, providing a confidential and non judgmental place for you to talk and explore your thoughts and feelings. Counselling will provide you with a safe and supportive environment to help you gain some meaning and understanding around whatever difficulties you are going through in your life right now and help you to find mental wellbeing.
essentially our sessions will involve exploring your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and patterns as it is only with increased understanding and self-awareness that we are able to take charge of our lives, make positive choices and to live in a more fulfilling way.
I understand that it can be hard taking the first steps into having therapy and I also understand the value of therapy from my own personal experiences.
I am an integrative counsellor which means I use different approaches and techniques that I feel suit your individual needs to give you the best possible experience in counselling. I offer long and short term counselling in Peterborough
I have worked with children, teenagers and adults in both talking therapy and through creative/expressive art therapy too, with a varied range of issues such as Relationship issues, anxiety, anger management, depression, addiction, low self-esteem, bereavement, parenting and many more.
I am a member of the BACP and abide by their code of ethics and practice. I have been awarded the BACP Certificate of Proficiency and I attend supervision with a registered supervisor.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Level 4 - Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 - Counselling Studies
- Level 2 - Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ABC Accredited Cruse Bereavement Counsellor
- Supporting children and young people who have been bereaved
- CBT Training for Anxiety and Panic Disorder
- Working Creatively with Russian Dolls
- Creative Art therapy
- Pip Wilson Relationship awareness Training
- Gender Identity Training
- Working with Mental Health Issues Workshop
- Sudden and Traumatic Death - Cruse Bereavement
- Working with Siblings through Bereavements
- Counselling children and teenagers in primary and secondary schools training - Diane Stevens and Cruse bereavement training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
Free initial telephone consultation
Alongside my private practice, I work for a mental health agency providing counselling and related services to organisations such as the NHS, We support people with a number of problems including anxiety, depression, sexual abuse, relationship issues, critical or chronic illness, life change and many more.
I work for the YMCA counselling young children and teenagers in various schools around Peterborough.
I am also a volunteer counsellor for a Charity Organisation ‘Cruse’ supporting Bereaved Children, teenagers and adults.
I have worked in both primary and secondary schools counselling students from the age of 5-19 years of age with a variety of issues including anxiety, bereavement, anger and gender.
I see my clients in a quite, discreet and comfortable room in the centre of Peterborough with good parking facilities.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri and weekends at an additional cost
Types of client