Jacqueline Bird MBACP Accredited Counsellor
Hello and welcome to my profile.
I am a registered MBACP Accredited Counsellor, and qualified supervisor, and Trainer, I offer counselling and psychotherapy, coaching, clinical supervision, Creative ways of working, EMDR and psychosexual therapy.
I work with couples, individuals, families, children and young people and offer flexible appointments in York, Thirsk Leeds and the surrounding areas. I am also qualified to offer online and telephone counselling or walk and talk sessions.
I am Relate trained to work with couples and hold an MA in relationship Therapy (validated by the University of Hull). Ongoing training and continuous professional development is essential to the way I work, I qualified as a Teacher in 1990 and hold a bachelor of arts degree in education, and a Professional certificate in effective practice. I qualified as a counsellor in the year 2000 and since then I have gained various specialised counselling qualifications which I draw upon to support the individual needs of clients. (please see qualifications and training specialisms).
The environment that I work with clients in is comfortable and safe, specially created to help you feel relaxed and at ease.
If you are someone who is going through a difficult time, experiencing emotional problems or facing life changes that you want support with to help you move forward, feel heard and understood then I can offer that to you. Or you may just want a place to talk things through to share your thoughts and emotions or an opportunity to see things differently, with someone who is professionally trained and available to support your needs.
I offer long and short term appointments in which we will work together at your pace for as long as you are finding the sessions helpful.
I am also a qualified registered supervisor offering supervision to experienced counsellors, students and practitioners and work in a variety of settings including schools, bereavement support services and professional organisations where employers feel group supervision is of benefit to support and reflect on day to day workplace challenge.
Your enquiry is important to me and I will always respond within 24 hours. If you do not hear back from me within this time, it could be due to a technical problem so therefore please call me to get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Children using the Arts
- Certificate in CBT for children and young people
- Working with Children using Solution Focused Approahes
- Master's Degree in Relationship Therapy
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Counselling Children and Young People
- Foundation Course in Family and Systemic Therapy
- EMDR Accredited Certificate Level 1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7
- Diploma in Domestic Violence Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in psychosexual therapy
- Professional Certificate in Effective Practice
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety
- Certificate in Counselling
- Developing Counselling Skills (Level 3)
- Counselling Skills (Level 3)
- Certificate in Bereavement Awareness
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Vocational Assessors award (D32 & D33)
- Certificate in Teaching Basic Skills
- Certificate in Teaching students with Dyslexia
- Certificate in Education
I am committed to on-going self-development and have taken part in a wide range of training to enhance my client work.
- Mindfulness for Health
- Working with Children Through Creative Arts
- Working with Prostate Cancer
- Working with Mental Health
- Working with Asperges in Couple Relationships
- Working with Young People with Asperges
- Working with Self-harm and Self-injury in Counselling
- Working with Suicide in Counselling
- Working with Anger in Counselling
- The Art of Therapeutic Conversation with Children / Teenagers and Parent Child Relationships
- Children and Young People - Legal Aspects
- Child Protection
- Plugged in World (Awareness of the impact of Social Media in Counselling)
- Child Focused Practice
- Online Counselling and Text / Email / Live Chat
- Telephone Counselling
- Group Skills for Counselling Trainers
- Young Survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Understanding Sexual Addiction
- Tree of Life Through Expressive Arts
- Supervisors Safeguarding (Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults)
- Consultation with a Counsellor
- Facilitator's Certificate - Strengthening Families Programme
- Attachment Theory in the Couple Relationship
- Domestic Violence/ Individual Structured Interviews
- Common Assessment Training
- Domestic Violence and the Arts
- Creativity in Counselling
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Complex Trauma
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Couples and individuals from £45 Depending on circumstances fees can be negotiated
Families From £45
Children and young people from £35
Face to face / Online and telephone counselling available
Special rates for students in York