Iain Hamilton MBACP Ad.Dip.Couns
01892-783618 / 07933-299946
- I am a fully qualified and experienced counsellor and can provide warm, respectful and genuine support. I work from home, in a welcoming location, just outside Wadhurst village.
I recognise that it’s natural to feel anxious and overwhelmed when considering counselling support. The ability to 'think straight' is invariably challenged, whereby decision-making becomes extremely difficult. It’s therefore not unusual to be fearful and hesitant about initiating it, even though this would be a wise thing to do.
You can call or email me to share, confidentially, what troubles you. This can often be a helpful means of introduction and a time to voice any doubts or further questions you may have.
I offer an initial appointment which is FREE OF CHARGE and without further obligation. This option provides an opportunity to meet me and explore your current experience of life, allowing you to then make an informed choice as to whether you wish to proceed further.
I provide a safe and calming space that promotes trust and insight, helping you to make sense of the challenges that you face and what may be preventing you from enjoying a meaningful and fulfilling life. My aim is to motivate and enable, so that your time in counselling is an effective, stimulating and restorative experience.
- Further information can be found on my website: www.hamilton-counselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been counselling since 1984, professionally since 2001. Though Psychodynamically grounded, years of experience have encouraged me to refine my orientation and I draw upon a variety of other approaches including elements of CBT, Mindfulness, Person-Centred therapies, 12-Step, Attachment Theory and Transactional Analysis.
Before establishing private-practice I worked full-time in the drug and alcohol dependency field, in partnership with statutory services including the NHS mental health sector. This has provided me with extensive experience in working with trauma, relationship issues and emotional distress, including that which can provoke anxiety, depression, anger and obsessive or phobic behaviour.
Throughout my career I have participated in continuing professional development by means of specialised training courses and continuing research. I have also devised and delivered training.
- I am a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and abide by their Ethical Framework of good practice principles.
- I hold a current Enhanced DBS Certificate (Disclosure & Barring Service).
- WPF Accredited Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- WPF Accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- If you have any questions prompted by reading my profile I would welcome your call or email.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- INITIAL CONSULTATION IS FREE OF CHARGE
- My fees are then:
£40 per session during the day : 8am-4pm
£50 for an evening appointment : 5pm-8pm
I am willing to negotiate the fee according to personal resources.
The sessions are of one-hour duration.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday / 8am - 8pm
Types of client