Hilary Tibble MBACP (Accred) Individual & Couples Therapy (Face-to-Face & Skype)
You may have been drawn to counselling for one of many reasons, perhaps depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, bereavement or relationship/work troubles. I understand how it feels when you hit a stumbling block in your life, when things feel overwhelming and you feel that you are alone or have nowhere to turn to. The feeling of being troubled, where no-one else seems to understand, is something I am very familiar with and have worked with many clients who have had similar experiences when life has seemed a struggle.
Your stumbling block could be something that we can deal with together in a few weeks of counselling, or it could be something of a hurdle, which may take a little longer to come to terms with. Sometimes your problems stem from something historic that feels like it has been with you forever. Other times, things feel fresh and raw, such as bereavement, loss or social and work changes like redundancy or redeployment. This is also true of relationship issues including separation and divorce or a breach of trust after an affair or betrayal. Other issues may be harder to identify a cause - general anxiety and depression can sometimes appear without apparent reason. Whichever it is, I can provide you with the counselling you need so you no longer feel so alone and you're able to process what is happening for you, where you'll learn how to manage the things that are hurting or troubling you. I offer a safe environment, providing a warm and friendly 'sanctuary' where you will have the space and time to process your thoughts and feelings. You'll be able to off-load without fear of judgment and instead, find acceptance and empathy.
As a client, you are unique, as are the problems and feelings that bring you to counselling. I utilise all my training to provide an approach that means you are able to manage your progress in the way you want to, at the pace you are at ease with.
I'm an Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist with full Public Liability Insurance and work on a one-to-one basis and also with couples experiencing relationship issues. I have run my private counselling service for sometime now, in a calm and professional environment, just outside Eastbourne Town Centre. There is ample parking nearby and is very close to the bus route and train station. In addition, I offer online Counselling via Skype which can be particularly useful for clients who want to work outside normal 'office' hours.
Please give me a call, or text me if you prefer - if I am with a client you can leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as possible. Alternatively you may contact me via e-mail at email@example.com
To ensure you are comfortable with me and my style of Counselling, I offer an initial telephone consultation where you can discuss exactly what you are seeking from Counselling and me. If you would prefer to work with me via Skype please mention this when you get in touch and we can arrange our initial consult via that medium too.
Thank you for looking at my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- In private practice since May 2010, working with couples and adults managing a variety of issues, historic and current.
- Worked with a charitable agency assisting clients suffering from depression, stress, relationships, employment issues, bereavement, anxiety, anger and life changes.
- Trained and worked with an NHS charity for nearly 2 years working with adult clients with issues such as Post-Natal Depression, Abortion, Pregnancy, Miscarriage and Childbirth & Family and Relationship issues.
- BUPA Accredited
- Degree in Psychology BSc (Hons)
- NVQ4 Counselling Diploma – October 2009
- In private practice since May 2010.
- Accredited member of British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and adhere to their ethical code of practice.
- Group facilitator for Anger Management therapy groups
- Co-facilitator for workshops that introduce and support clients with various life skills.
- Regularly supervised (as directed by the BACP ethical code)
- Affiliate counsellor with Health Assured, PAM Assist, Lifeworks and Carecall for clients who are referred to me through their Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 per session for individuals - 50min session
£50 for couples - 1hour session.
£35 for Counselling course trainees.
Cash payments are made at the beginning of the session.
If you prefer to pay by and transfer, these should be made 24 hours prior to appointment (Bank details on request)
Sessions are also available on a Saturday morning and some weekday evenings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday morning appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|