Heidi Mellonie MBACP
Sometimes it can be difficult to make sense of, or come to terms with, painful or life changing experiences. Talking with someone outside your social circle or family may help.
As a client centred therapist I will work with you at your pace, without rush or judgement. Whether you envisage that you might need just a few counselling sessions at this stage or many more, I hope to offer you a safe and non judgemental holding space where you can explore your thoughts, feelings and concerns.
Having previously worked with Mind and a national Rape and Abuse Charity I have worked with adults and young people who have brought a variety of presenting issues and concerns to counselling. In all cases I work with each individual at their own pace.
Please do get in touch to arrange a free and no obligation chat about the therapy I offer and how I may be able to work with your particular worry or concern. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice (Ongoing research studies in Older Adult Counselling engagement)
- Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency Accredited Voluntary Register
- Continuous Professional Development Courses include:
- Eco-Coaching & Therapy
- Grief and Bereavement
- Trauma and the Body: Dissociation & Somatisation
- Integrating Art in Counselling (CPCAB Endorsed CPD)
- Teenage Relationship Abuse
- Webinar Relationship depth: emotional connection in online therapy (BACP Endorsed CPD)
- Hypnotherapy Training (BACP Endorsed CPD)
- Awareness in Sexual Violence Course (Rape Crisis)
- Awareness of Adult Autism
- Awareness of Domestic Violence and Abuse - Children, Young People and Adults at Risk
- Safeguarding Children
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling sessions take place in the counselling room or if you'd prefer (and weather permits) outside the counselling room. Having completed a course in eco-coaching and therapy I can offer clients walk talk therapeutic sessions where using nature as 'co- therapist' clients are able to engage with themselves and their concerns whilst being out in amongst nature. If this interests you please ask for more details. Please note that all initial sessions begin in the counselling room before taking the therapeutic work outside on session two. Please note Walk Talk Therapy may not be suitable for all clients please telephone or email to request more details.
£40.00 per session.
Concessions are available for students and those on lower incomes please do enquire.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Face to face appointments are offered in central Bedford on Monday (am & pm) and Friday (am).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|