Heather Young, MA Psych , PGDip CBT. Young/Life Psychotherapy
Let’s be honest....Life can be hard sometimes, and often overwhelming. Do you feel like you have lost track of who you are, where you are going or wish things could be different? Sometimes we all need to take time for ourselves to find our way back on track. But you don't have to face this alone, talking to someone can really help.
I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist providing counselling and psychotherapy for adults in the Lanarkshire area. I am a member of the COSCA and abide by their code of ethics. I can provide a safe confidential non judgemental space for you to explore you.
It can be very difficult to take the first step and seek help. But it also shows great courage and opens the door to change.
About Counselling and CBT
CBT is about working with thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Exploring the relationships between the three can be a powerful enlightening journey, which can help you overcome difficulties in your life.
We will work together exploring the difficulties you are facing and how you would like things to be. I will work with you to achieve your goals at a pace that suits you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Arts Degree Psychology (hons)
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling skills
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Group Work, PG Dip (Hons)
- I am a Registered Member of PVG( Protection of Vulnerable Groups)
- I am a registered member of COSCA
- i am listed on the COSCA Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists which is Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
In addition to my private practice I have worked with numerous large voluntary organisations in Glasgow and Lanarkshire supporting adults with a wide range of difficulties. My experience includes working with clients to help them successfully overcome Anger, Trauma (PTSD), Anxiety, Low Self Esteem, Relationship issues, Stress, Grief and much more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- Free initial Telephone consultation
- Face to face sessions £40 per 50 minute session (week days) / £50 (weekends)
- Couples - 60 minute session £50 (week days) / £60 (weekends)
- Concessions may be available on request
- Discounts available on block bookings.
I work with adults aged 18 and over.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday and weekend appointments offered.
Types of client