Heather Young, MA Psych , PGDip CBT.
My name is Heather Young and I am a qualified experienced counsellor.... Let’s be honest....Life can be hard sometimes, and often overwhelming. Do you feel like you have lost track of who you are, where you are going or wish things could be different? Sometimes we all need to take time for ourselves to find our way back on track. But you don't have to face this alone, talking to someone can really help. In this current overwhelming pandemic crisis this is more true now than ever. It is so important we take time to look after our mental health during such a difficult and uncertain time.
I am a qualified and experienced Cognitive Behavioural Therapist providing counselling and psychotherapy for adults in the Lanarkshire area. I am a member of COSCA and abide by their code of ethics. I can provide a safe confidential non judgemental space for you to explore you.
It can be very difficult to take the first step and seek help. But it also shows great courage and opens the door to change.
About Counselling and CBT
CBT is about working with thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Exploring the relationships between the three can be a powerful enlightening journey, which can help you overcome difficulties in your life.
We will work together exploring the difficulties you are facing and how you would like things to be. I will work with you to achieve your goals at a pace that suits you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Group Work, PG Dip (Hons)
- Master of Arts Degree Psychology (hons)
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling skills
Master of Arts Degree Psychology (hons)
COSCA Certificate in Counselling skills
- I am a Registered Member of PVG( Protection of Vulnerable Groups)
- I am a registered member of COSCA
- i am listed on the COSCA Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists which is Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority
In addition to my private practice I have worked with numerous large voluntary organisations in Glasgow and Lanarkshire supporting adults with a wide range of difficulties. My experience includes working with clients to help them successfully overcome Anger, Trauma (PTSD), Anxiety, Low Self Esteem, Relationship issues, Stress, Grief and much more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- Free initial Telephone consultation
- Face to face sessions £40 per 50 minute session (week days) / £50 (weekends)
- Online sessions £40 per 50 minute session
- Telephone sessions from £40 per 50 minute session
I work with adults aged 18 and over.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||No|
Weekday, evenings and weekend appointments offered.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing I am offering only telephone and online sessions at this time.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|