Hannah Stein BSc, PGDip, MBACP
I'm a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist with experience of working with adults, young people and children in a number of different settings. . I offer a supportive, non-judgmental and warm space to explore whatever issues or concerns you choose to bring to our sessions. I offer sessions from a comfortable and confidential setting both face to face and via video and telephone calls.
As well as working with adults in private practice I have also worked for a local charity, the NHS and I’m an Anxiety UK approved therapist. I also run a wellbeing/ counselling service in a school supporting the pastoral care and safeguarding team.
I'm passionate about working with children and adolescents and I’ve worked as a school counsellor for a number of years. I've spent time in both primary and secondary schools across Greater Manchester and Cheshire supporting young people with concerns such as anxiety, low mood and depression, self harm, low self esteem, exam stress and many more. As well as supporting young people in school settings I also have experience of working with families, teachers and school staff.
Alongside talking therapies, having the ability to offer play and creative based therapy enables younger clients to explore their feelings in a safe and more relaxed environment.
I understand that taking those initial steps to access counselling can be daunting, however I hope we can build a comfortable rapport by establishing a genuine and non judgmental relationship. I believe everybody deserves the chance to be heard and supported through their unique and individual journey.
Any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Private practice- I see adults and young people with a number of individuals and difficulties at my private practice. I offer face to face, video and telephone sessions.
- Anxiety Uk approved counsellor- I offer both face to face and telephone sessions to anxiety UK clients
- School Counsellor- I have worked in both primary and secondary school across Greater Manchester and Cheshire offering one to one and group work sessions to young people. I have previous work as a school counselor for Place2be, the UKs leading children's mental health charity.
-NHS- Counsellor at the Macmillan wellbeing center
- Xezone- I work as an online bank counsellor for both kooth (young peoples service) and Qwell (adults service). Both of these service offer online support to clients via live online sessions and a messaging service.
Qualifications and Continuing professional development-
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Salford
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling -University of Salford
- BSc Biomedical & Biological Psychology - Manchester metropolitan University
- Module in CBT- University of Salford
- Working with children and young people - Place2be
- Introduction to Bereavement and Loss - Macmillan
- Working with suicide and risk
- Gender and sexuality
- Working with Child exploitation
- Supporting victims of domestic violence - The counselling academy
- Safeguarding training
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Face to face sessions- £45.00
Telephone and online sessions- £40.00
I offer a reduced rate for trainee counsellors- Please contact me to discuss
I'm currently offering a reduced rate for key workers. Please contact me to discuss this further
Concessions offered for
Please don't hesitate to call or email me with any questions you may have.