Kaki Mungai (Hannah) (MBACP) Accred& MCOSRT Accred Member
I am a psychosexual and relationship therapist and an integrative counsellor, practising in South East London. My intention is to support and empower individuals and couples to achieve their life potential in a safe and non-judgemental environment. I specialise in multicultural couples and civil partnership relationships. Through intensive training and continued personal development I have my own insight into, and understanding of, individuality, acceptance and diversity. I am MBACP accredited/registered and an accredited COSRT member. I abide by their codes of conduct and ethical frameworks.
Counselling is an individual journey. If you are struggling with day-to-day life, feeling stuck, unable to make decisions, tearful, angry, resentful, lonely, struggling with your relationship with yourself and others, I can help you through your journey by being there to offer you the support you need.
My role as a counsellor is to support you through this hard time and help you to use your internal ability to implement change that results in a more satisfying life. I will not offer advice but will commit to walk alongside you without judgement, as I believe every individual has the potential to achieve a satisfying life.
I offer a warm and confidential space where you will feel supported as you explore and gain insight into the difficulties that bring you to counselling. Counselling is an individual journey as every human being has unique gifts and abilities. I understand the journey can be difficult as looking into how you got here, your past experience, history, culture and beliefs can be daunting. In this vulnerable time, my aim is to provide a supportive safe space where you will feel accepted, supported and listened to.
Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy
Are you happy with the sex you are having? Are you and your partner having satisfying sex? Are you struggling with your sexuality? Are you experiencing low libido, low sexual desire, inability to achieve an orgasm, difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection, inability to control ejaculation or experiencing delayed ejaculation?
It is often difficult to know how to resolve difficulties around sex, sexuality and relationships. As a psychosexual and relationship therapist I will support and help you explore sexual and relationship issues in a safe environment. I believe human beings are all sexual beings regardless of their age or sexuality. I offer a safe space for individuals and couples to explore their sexual problems without being judged.
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL COUPLES THERAPY (CBT for couples for Depression)
This is an approach that exists to help depressed individuals in committed relationships learn to cope with their depression as a team with their partner. Additionally, couples are helped to have the most positive, healthiest relationship possible.
- Partners of depressed individuals often want to help, but don't know how. This treatment helps both members of the couple better understand depression and how to support one another in this process.
- This treatment teaches a variety of practical techniques to help couples combat depression as a team. Some of the techniques used are similar to what is used in individual therapy, but in this treatment partners learn how to help the individual overcome depression.
- Depression can sometimes make having a healthy relationship more difficult; if you have been experiencing relationship concerns, those are addressed as well.
Finally, research suggests that this treatment works as well as, and sometimes better than, individual treatment for depression. Additionally, this treatment can enhance and strengthen relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training, qualifications & experience
- EMDR Trainee (only practising with ongoing clients)
- postgraduate certification in (BCT) working with couples with depression
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling.
- Relate Psychosexual Therapy certificate
- Relate Adult Relationship certificate (couple work)
- BA Degree in Integrative Counselling.
- Foundation Degree in Psychology and Integrative Counselling.
- Certificate in Social Work.
I have worked in various sectors including private, charity and primary care settings, including Relate, Mind and Kings College Hospital. I have experience with a wide range of individuals and couples on a variety of issues. I also work as a disability consultant with people with learning disabilities. I developed a passion for helping whilst working with people with learning disabilities within the NHS. I became aware that every human being is unique with individual abilities and the potential to achieve their goals given resources, time and acceptance.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer:
- Sexual information workshops for people with learning disability.
- Multicultural and intermarriage couple group work.
- Learning disability couple therapy
- Aging and sex
- Working and living away from home (immigrating/adapting)
- First date preparation
- behaviour couple therapy
- women group normal a six week program talking about sex
Fees start from as little £60per 50 minutes session and I am able to offer lower fees for those on low incomes and students.
Couple fees start from £75 per 50min session.
I offer longer or shorter sessions in request
and Intense therapy for couples 90min twice a day with break between session.
I practice from within walking distance of Penge West station, Crystal Palace station and less than minute's walk from Anerley station.Regular buses are 358,157, 432, 249, 410, 468, X68, 196, 450. Free parking is available.
Phone calls are welcome as it is usefull to speak in any event before meeting for the first time. I will only offer an assessment session if the space is available and we both feel we can work together. The assessment session is where you explore your needs and whether I am the right person to be working with.
I also offer counselling in Swahili and Kikuyu
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||swahili and kikuyu|
Monday to Friday from 7 am to 8 pm Saturday couples only current availability are during the day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|