- I am a registered counsellor with the BACP and work from a Person Centred approach. I can offer you a safe, confidential and supportive environment, somewhere you can be heard without judgement and where, together we can explore the issues or difficulties you are experiencing.
- In addition to my private practice, I have had over six years experience of working for a Domestic Violence Charity as a volunteer counsellor, and have worked with a range of issues which include; abuse (both physical and emotional), trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety, self harm, OCD, eating disorders, low self esteem/low self confidence and loss and bereavement.
- I can also offer double sessions which could include shiatsu or massage (some clients find this very beneficial).
If you would like to discuss anything with me, please feel free to call.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Foundation Studies in Art Therapy
- BA Honours in Fine Art
- Diploma in the Art of Shiatsu
- Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Dissociation and DID
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Relational Mindfulness
- Link between Rage and Shame
- 8 week Mindfulness and Stress Reduction/CBT
- Domestic Abuse Training
- Drug Awareness Training
- Honour Based Violence
- Mental Health First Aid
- ASSIST Suicide Training
- Integrative Compassion Focused Therapy and CBT
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 a session for Counselling
£45 for 1.5 hrs Supervision (student practitioner rate)
£60 for 1.5 hrs Supervision (Qualified practitioner rate)
Concessionary rates negotiable.
I moved to Cornwall with my son 25 years ago to study Fine Art at Falmouth. After graduating in 2000 and then practicing as an artist for a few years, I became interested in Chinese/Oriental Medicine and went on to train as a Shiatsu Practitioner.
Since then I have been building my practice to offer Shiatsu, Sports Massage, Cranial Sacral therapy and Counselling. I have also recently become qualified to offer Clinical Supervision.
I love the outdoors, gardening, keeping fit, practicing Yoga, playing tennis, hiking, travelling, cooking and socialising with friends.