Gayle Grainger - UKCP Registered Counsellor - BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling
4 Broad Street
07812 718 431
I am a UKCP Registered Counsellor providing a professional and friendly counselling service in the centre of Stamford for individuals and couples, with daytime and evening appointments available. If you recognise that life has become increasingly difficult and you are struggling to cope or you have long thought about the need to deal with past traumas then counselling could provide a safe space to start just that conversation.
What can counselling provide...
Counselling can provides a dedicated space in the week where you can set aside time to focus just on yourself, a luxury we don't often afford ourselves but is often much needed, especially when we are struggling in our lives. The process of counselling often leads to new insight and self awareness, which in turn can lead to much wanted change for yourself, your relationships and your ability to cope with life and to begin living it again.
Sometimes we are aware of how the changes in our life may have impacted us and have an appreciation of why life may feel difficult – a bereavement, the breakdown of a relationship, financial difficulties, work issues, redundancy, past abuse or trauma, but sometimes we experience a change in ourselves such as low mood, depression, anxiety or panic and we are unsure of the reasons for this or our ability to cope. In both case counselling allows much needed space to explore these feelings.
Why talk to a counsellor...
Talking to someone who is not part of your family circle or friendship group can often offer fresh perspective and reflection on your situation. As a counsellor I am not here to judge, to take sides or advise, but instead I am here to listen attentively and with empathy and gain understanding of how it must feel for you right now and the struggles you are facing and in doing so work with you to explore your feelings, thoughts and behaviours to help you move forward.
For more information about my counselling service and what to expect please feel free to visit my website at: www.gaylegrainger.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a UKCP Registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor qualified with a
BSc (Hons) in Integrative Counselling.
I am trained as an integrative counsellor meaning I integrate more than one theoretical approach into my work allowing me to draw upon on a range of teachings in order to best support your needs.
- BSc (Hons) in Integrative Counselling - Middlesex University
- Advanced Diploma Integrative Counselling - Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling - Matrix College of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Counselling Studies Level 3 - Peterborough Regional College
- Counselling Skills Level 2 - New College Stamford
- Introduction to Counselling Concepts - New College Stamford
Counselling Courses Completed:
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery
- Understanding Gender Identity
- Working with Anger
- Consideration of Health Issues in Counselling
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- Relate CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Relate Certificate of Proficiency - Relationship Counsellor
- Relate Assessment & Domestic Abuse Training
Relate Courses Completed:
- Lets Talk About Sex - Working with Sexual Issues in Couples Counselling
- Working with Anger in Couples Counselling
- Using Genograms/Systemic Questions in Couples Work
- Awareness of Mental Health Issues in Couples Counselling
- Awareness of Domestic Violence in Couples Counselling
- Awareness of Children's Safeguarding in Couples Counselling
Cruse Bereavement Qualifications:
- Cruse Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation
Cruse Bereavement Course Completed:
- Cruse Safeguarding
- Pip Wilson Creative /Experiential Workshop
- Writing for Bereavement
- Working with A Childs Grief
Employee Assisted Programmes - Training Completed:
- Working For EAPS / Keeping Therapy Brief
I have been a volunteer counsellor in the following agencies:
- Relate Leicester
- Mind Cambridgeshire
- Cruse Bereavement
It is an ethical requirement for all counsellors to seek continued professional development through the attendance of training courses, workshops and seminars and I actively seek to do this in order to increase both my knowledge and self awareness.
I hold full professional indemnity insurance and hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I was a volunteer counsellor with Cruse Bereavement for 5 years and have a great deal of experience in working with people who have suffered bereavement, be it recently or many years ago. The bereavement may have been expected following illness or a sudden and unexpected death. I also work with those bereaved by suicide.
Mind Cambridgeshire (Mental Health):
I have been a volunteer counsellor for Mind Cambridgeshire working with clients with a wide range of mental health issues and supporting clients with the impact this has had on themselves and their relationships.
Relate Leicester (Couples Counselling):
I have been a volunteer couples counsellor for Relate Leicester working with couple and individuals with a range of relationship issues including poor communication, ongoing/escalating arguments, affection/intimacy, affairs, couple identity, lack of quality time, sexual issues, change of couple dynamic due to life events such as having children, children leaving home, mental health, redundancy, bereavement
Photos & videos
All sessions, including the first session, are charged at:
- Individuals £40 (1 hour session)
- Couples £50 (1 hour session)
- Counselling Students £30 (1 hour sessions)
In order to make counselling as accessible as possible I also offer a limited number of daytime slots for people who need support but are on a low income, experiencing financial difficulties or currently unemployed:
- Low Income / Unemployed £20 (daytime sessions only)
All fees are to be paid by cash or cheque at the end of each session.
Cancellation Policy: Sessions that are cancelled with less than 24hrs notice will still be charged at the full rate.
The counselling sessions I provide are face to face, one to one sessions for adults.
Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday
9:30-10:30 / 11-12pm / 12:20-1:20pm / 1:40-2:40pm
Monday / Thursday
5:30-6:30pm / 6:45-7:45pm / 8-9pm
To make an enquiry please feel free to call me on 07812 718431. We can then discuss your requirements and I can answer any questions you may have about counselling.
If I am unable to take your call then you can leave a confidential message on my voicemail including your telephone number and I will call you back.
Alternatively e-mail me at: email@example.com and I will reply as soon as possible.
Please note that I am currently unable to offer counselling for children.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime: Tues/Wed/Thurs Times: 9:30-10:30, 11-12, 12:20-1:20, 1:40-2:40 Evening Sessions: Mon & Thurs Times: 5:30-6:30 / 6:45-7:45 / 8-9 Call 07812 718432 for availibility
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|