Emma Thompson Registered Member MBACP
Swale Community Centres
I am a qualified counsellor (Dip. Couns.) and a Registered Member MBACP (Registration no. 100054).
You might be unhappy, feeling you are lacking joy or stability in your life? Maybe you are feeling anxious, stressed, upset, depressed or overwhelmed with many feelings? I have a warm and adaptable approach, using an integrative framework that I adapt to fit you and your needs.
I can provide you with a safe environment where you can open up and feel you are accepted, heard and understood. I have access to room in the centre of Sittingbourne, just a few minutes' walk from the train station. This venue is wheelchair-accessible, with a pay-and-display car parks and disabled spaces within 100 yards of the entrance. I also work from a ground floor therapy space in my home, with parking on-street or on a driveway, about 1.5 miles from the town centre.
I can be reached by email or phone. If you phone, I may not be able to answer your call immediately - so please leave a voicemail message if you would like me to call you back. Out of consideration for your privacy, I will not call back if you do not leave a voicemail or text message asking me to. Please ensure you have said your phone number when leaving a voicemail if you would like me to call you. My office hours are on my website.
I have experience in helping in a number of areas, for example:
- Anxiety (particularly general anxiety disorder and social anxiety)
- Lack of confidence
- Family breakdown / family issues
- Self image / body image
- Self esteem
I am also particularly interested in working with people with disabilities - especially "invisible" disabilities such as fibromyalgia, CFS/ME and EDS.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Open University D171 Introduction to Counselling (equivalent to CPCAB CST-L3)
- InterPsyche Diploma in Integrative Counselling (a Level 4 & BACP-accredited course)
Recent CPD / extra training
- Attachment Theory
- Positive Psychology
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts & feelings
- Working with people on the autistic spectrum
- Working with anger and rage
- Compassion-focussed therapy for depression
- Living with chronic illness and pain
- Body image
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
My fee is £35 per 50-minute session.
Please give 24 hours’ notice of a cancellation, if less than 24 hours’ notice is given then the full session fee is required.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, daytime and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|