Emma Ferdinando PGDip (Integrative & CYP Trained) & Hypnosis Practitioner
Are you experiencing anxiety, stress or depression? Have you suffered a bereavement or had difficulty putting troublesome issues behind you? Many of us have times in our lives when we struggle to cope on our own and may find it difficult to gain perspective and feel we need some help to achieve greater insight, focus or understanding of the problems we are going through at the present time. You may want to look at coming to terms with past experiences that may be placing obstacles in the way to achieving contentment or peace of mind. Counselling can be a great tool in helping you reach your goals, giving clarity and understanding where previously there may have been confusion and negativity.
I am a qualified Relational Integrative Counsellor and Hypnosis Practitioner with experience in both brief and open ended therapeutic models of counselling. I am an empathic and approachable counsellor offering a comfortable, non-judgemental and highly confidential environment, adhering strictly to the BACP's ethical framework of which I am a member. I am also trained to work with Children and Young People.
As a Relational Integrative Counsellor I utilise a combination of models, enabling me to tailor my approach to the individual, with the emphasis being placed on the uniqueness of each client and the importance of the relationship between client and therapist in which an environment of trust and openness can be experienced and carefully cultivated. Within this setting I use a variety of techniques and skills from Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Humanistic and Gestalt to name but a few.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma In Counselling Children and Young People
- Post Graduate Diploma In Integrative Counselling
- Foundation Certificate In Hypnosis
- Advanced Diploma In Counselling
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Certificate In Counselling
- Intermediate Certificate In Counselling Skills
- The Fundamentals of Working With Couples
- Advanced Couples Course; Meeting Their Partners Needs
- Counselling Young People
- Treatment Interventions
- Risk Assessment
- Understanding and Working with People Who Have Experienced Trauma
- The Mind of The Perpetrator, Sexualized Trauma, Working With Sexuality and Erotic Transference
- Embodied Counter-Transference - Listening to My Body Telling My Client's Story
- Certificate in Child Protection Awareness
- Certificate in Gambling Awareness
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing
- Certificate in Substance Misuse Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience working within the NHS and University settings offering brief counselling. This has given me extensive experience of a wide variety of counselling issues including bereavement, anxiety, stress, depression, relationship issues, self harm and work related problems. I also have experience of working within a local drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre giving me a working knowledge of issues around addiction, self harm, suicidal ideation, anxiety and panic attacks, depression and attachment issues.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
£45 for individuals per 50 minute session.
£60 for couples per 50 minute session.
£120 smoking cessation.
£50 for hypnotherapy per session.
£10 student subsidy for counselling sessions = £35 per 50 minute session. (relevant proof necessary).
I offer a first session price of £30 for 50 minutes for counselling individuals only.
I have daytime appointments available Tuesday, Friday and Saturday and evening appointments available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
I am committed to furthering my continued professional development as a Counsellor through attending courses and seminars within this field. This ensures that I work within the ethical boundaries set out by the BACP to ensure I practice both ethically and safely.
I adhere to the BACP guidelines which includes regular supervision and have professional liability insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have daytime appointments available on a Monday,Friday and Saturday morning and evening appointments available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|