Emily Fiddian - Kentish Town (NW5) & St. Albans (AL1)
Having been on my own journey to overcome anxiety and depression I feel passionate about the benefits of talking therapy.
My clients say they find me approachable and easy to to talk to. If you are struggling with depression, anxiety or relationship issues I could offer you support to overcome these issues. I am a warm and compassionate therapist. Fully qualified and experienced in working with individuals.
I have particular experience in addiction therapy and working with the bereaved. I also feel passionate about people fully embracing and expressing their sexuality.
If you are feeling sad or suffering from low self-esteem, or low self-confidence, then the support I offer could be for you.
Together, we can explore the issues that are giving you difficulty and find ways to enable you to live the best life you can.
Feedback from previous clients:
"I worked with Emily for over a year, throughout this period I found her technique and approach to be both highly professional and rewarding. The sessions were conducted in an environment that was safe, comforting and allowed me to express myself with confidence and freedom. Unsure what to expect from my sessions I quickly felt able to explore my concerns in a detailed and constructive manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Emily as a caring and thoughtful professional who has helped me on many levels." David
"I found Emily very easy to talk too and she helped me to work through some very difficult issues." Jane
"Emily's warm & empathic approach enabled me to move forward at a difficult time in my life" FT
"After working with Emily for over a year I was able to better understand myself and the roots of my addiction/alcoholism; I have now been in recovery for over two years". Jason
"Working with Emily made a big difference in how I view myself and manage my life. I now feel much less self-critical and able to make much better choices for myself". EW
"I came to Emily having been referred by my employer for anger management. I came away with a much better understanding of myself and how to manage my anger effectively and how to use it as a resource rather than a weapon. The work I did with Emily was really valuable and life changing. Thank you". Andrew
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy from Spectrum Therapy in London.
- Spectrum is one of the largest and most established centres for Humanistic Psychotherapy in Europe, where I continue to be in supervision and on-going professional development.
As part of my training at Spectrum I have completed the following courses
- OCR Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cert - One Year Course in Psychotherapy
- Cert - OneYear Continuation Course in Psychotherapy
- Cert - Postgraduate Course in Psychotherapy
- 7 years of Post Graduate Continuation Course in Psychotherapy (2010 onwards)
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Sexuality
- Anger in the Therapy Room
- Action Techniques
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Developing Clinical Skills
- Gestalt - Theory and Practice
- Professional Seminars
- Brief Therapy
- Anger management training with BAAM (British Association of Anger Management) (2015)
- Intimacy & Sexuality training with Jan Day - 18 month training course (2013-2014) (www.janday.com)
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
In addition to my private practice, I have provided counselling in a therapeutic community for people with addictions, and have worked as a Case Manager/Counsellor in a residential rehabilitation centre. I have also worked as a counsellor for a local bereavement charity.
Teaching & Supervision
One day sexuality workshops for Counselling Diploma students at The Albany Centre
Teaching & supervising student therapists on The Humanistic Counselling Diploma at The Albany Centre in St. Albans.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
North London: £70 per session (50 minutes)
St. Albans: £60 per session (50 minutes)
(Some concessions available on request - please contact me to discuss.)
Monday afternoons (12pm - 5pm) in Kentish Town.
Wednesday afternoons (12pm - 5pm) in the City near Chancery Lane.
Thursday evenings, Friday mornings & afternoon in St. Albans.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday afternoons in Kentish Town.
Wednesday afternoons in the City (near Farringdon/Chancery Lane).
Thursday evening in St. Albans.
Friday mornings & afternoons in St. Albans
Types of client