Dr Elizabeth Jordan
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
My work is about being profoundly present to help you transform - to resolve the root causes of life's challenge and to live with attention to the present moment.
I am a senior consultant psychotherapist, clinical and academic supervisor, researcher and doctoral examiner with thirty years of experience.
I am a Doctor of Psychotherapy, a member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), a senior accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and a registered member of the United Kingdom Association of Humanistic Practitioners (UKAHPP).
My main areas of specialism are dealing with all form of trauma and PTSD, anxiety disorders, depression, family relationship issues, mother /daughter relationship, family constellation reframing, academic and boarding school trauma, life change adjustments, unconscious infertility and teenage development anxiety, ( full details below). I offer therapies to adults, couples and adolescents.
Combining energy psychotherapy in my integrative approach has shown profound results. While my training in group analysis and family therapy adds strength and further depth to my humanistic attachment style integrative approach. Empowering a way forward for transformational change is what lies central to my work.
What lies at the heart of therapy's effectiveness is the client-therapist relationship and within this critical relationship is what lies primarily to the development, empowerment and fulfilment for change to occur.
Generally, my work is on a long term basis. Yet, individually designed shorter-term work with teenagers, couples and families are available over specific concentrated periods. A specially designed online service, with zoom, telephone sessions are available to help you through the current global pandemic crisis.
'I've been working with Elizabeth for 2 years. When I started I was absolutely frustrated and didn't believe anyone would be able to work with my traumas. But the miracle has happened. Elizabeth is very caring and professional. She uses a holistic approach and finds what is best for you. My life has changed and it has been my best investment to date' 20 May 2021
'Your help, tools and presence kept me alive last week. ~ I was so on the edge and was totally suicidal - Thanks Liz, glad we're working together. I feel in a safe pair of hands" - Former Armed Force Marine - 26-year-old, 18 May 2021
"I never imagined I'd ever get my life back, working with Liz was a lifesaver" - long term client who suffered from a crippling anxiety disorder - Feb 2020
"Long term therapy helps me so much with being a working Mother and makes a real difference to my professional life too." - working Mother & lawyer - June 2020
"The traumas I experienced as a child were beyond belief; I knew long term work was necessary and didn't want to do it. Thank God, I did; it is possible to heal." March, 2019
" Working with Doctor Elizabeth has been life-changing, Psychotherapy and Qigong have resulted in me seeing the world differently." closing comment from a recent client, July 2019
"My work with Elizabeth has been truly transformational". September 2020
Areas of speciality include (but not limited to)Anxiety
- Marital & family issues
- Unconscious infertility
- Bereavement and loss
- Life changes adjustment
- Work consultancy
- Teenage development issues
- Academic and boarding school challenges
- Multicultural issues
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Severe anxiety disorders.
How to get started:
I am pleased to return your call if you are interested in working with me, in my experience connecting with you by phone is always a lovely way to start, of course, emailing me is perfectly fine too. Either way, I will get back to you very soon.
I also offer some concessionary places for students and those serving or former members of the armed forces and their families.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor
- UKAHPP registered Psychological Practitioner and Supervisor
- Senior Accredited Member of the BACP
- Meditation and Qigong Instructor
- Dpsych Doctor of Psychotherapy, Metanoia, Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Diploma in the Theories & Principles of Supervision in Practice, Metanoia
- MSc Psychological Therapies, Surrey University (BPS, accredited course)
- BSc Statistics & Research Module, Surrey University
- Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy South West London College
- Foundation Training Institute of Group Analysis and Institute of Family Therapy, London
- Certified Qigong Instructor; Trained (2012-10) USA, Canada, London and Amsterdam.
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff, Placement Trainee Counsellors, and Students at Bucks New University
- 25 years as a psychotherapist in private practice working closely with consultant psychiatrists G.P.'s and health professionals
- 20 years as a clinical supervisor for training UKCP and MBACP training psychotherapists
- Organisational systemic consultant for Colart, (leading world art material company)
- Part-time dissertation supervisor for MSc Counselling Students at Keele University
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff and Students at Bucks New University
- Doctoral, masters and undergraduate external examiner for training UKCP and BACP psychotherapists at Metanoia Training Institute, Middlesex University
- Supervised the onset and development of an in-house counselling service in Feltham for young offenders in 2000
- Developed the first private psychotherapeutic stress programme at the Devonshire Hospital in the 1990s
- Seven years, stress and activities therapist at Charter Clinic (private American Mental Health Clinic) in Chelsea, Hampstead and Marylebone during the mid-1980s.
- Seven years of teaching Qigong together with recent training with the Isha foundation - Sadhguru's eastern yogic practices and meditation contributes to being more fully present in this work.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UKAHPP is a national accrediting organisation for all those who apply the theories of Humanistic Psychology in their work. The UKAHPP is an independent member organisation of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the UK Register of Counsellors.
The Association is made up of a number of different membership classes e.g. Associate Members, Affiliate Members, Full Members, each with different requirements for entry. Full Members may use the initials 'MAHPP' after their names, and have undergone a rigorous accreditation procedure relevant to their discipline.
All members of the Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners must commit to acceptance of the UKAHPP Code of Ethical Principles, the UKAHPP Code of Practice, the UKAHPP Ethical Review Procedure and the UKAHPP Complaints Procedure.
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
Psychotherapy Fees - To be discussed
Initial 15 minute phone chat Free
To make an appointment you can either email me or call me.
If I am not available, do leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I take referrals from Consultant Psychiatrists, G.P.'s, health care professionals, psychotherapists and also psychotherapeutic training institutes. Many are self-referring professionals (and their families) living in Europe.
When I work
I am available evenings and weekends
Since 2013, I have also been teaching Qigong and meditation, holding classes in Ireland, The Netherlands, Colombia, Ibiza, Brussels and here in the UK. Sharing this ancient Chinese in university education, health care professions, the general public and the armed forces have had significant results.
My Qigong training has taken place in London, San Diego, Minneapolis, Calgary and Amsterdam. At each stage from level 1 through to level 5, I have trained with and been certified personally by Master Lin Spring Forest Qigong.
I was awarded Practice Group Leader of the year in 2016. I was invited by Spring Forest Qigong to be an outbreak speaker at the Master of Qi Conference in Minneapolis and at the Friends of Qigong gathering in Amsterdam in October 2019. Becoming a Qigong Certified Master Healer and Instructor has deepened life's rich experience. The ongoing training with Isha Foundation and within Sadhguru's yogic sciences of inner engineering has also been transformational.