Dr Elizabeth M Jordan, DPsych, MSc, Dip., UKCP, MAHPP, MBACP
2 Eaton Gate
020 7043 1696 / 07950517284
I offer professional excellence as a senior consultant psychotherapist, clinical and academic supervisor, doctoral examiner and qigong instructor.
I am a Doctor of Psychotherapy, a member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), a senior accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and a registered member of the United Kingdom Association of Humanistic Practitioners (UKAHPP). Spring Forest Qigong Instructor (SFQ USA)
25 years of successful clinical experience as an integrative psychotherapist lies foundational to my therapeutic work. My main areas of specialism are dealing with anxiety disorders, depression, relationship challenges, marital and family dynamic issues, mother /daughter relationship, work consultancy, life change adjustments, unconscious infertility and teenage development anxiety, (see full details below). I offer therapies to adults, couples and adolescents.
My specialism in psychotherapy has also been strengthened by a systemic training in group analysis, family therapy and analytic energy psychotherapy which adds further depth to my humanistic attachment style integrative approach. Empowering a way forward for transformational change is what lies central to my work.
What lies at the heart of therapy's effectiveness is the client-therapist relationship and within this important relationship is what lies essentially to the development, empowerment and fulfilment for change to occur.
What makes my work different is that I can also offer a combination of psychotherapy with the art of Qigong. The art of listening, being present and helping others address life challenges in the 'therapeutic relationship' is profound and lifechanging - when combined with this ancient Chinese art of energy balancing surprised me beyond belief. The results have been staggering and clients who have experienced sums it up it 'using psychotherapy with qigong is truly a transformational practice'.
I work on a long term basis with young people and adults. My shorter term work with teenagers, couples and families are individually designed over specific concentrated periods of time. SKYPE & telephone sessions are available intermittently on request.
My work is about being profoundly present to help you transform.
- "I never imagined I'd ever get my life back, working with Liz was a lifesaver" - long term client who suffered from a crippling anxiety disorder
- "Long term therapy helps me so much with being a working Mother and makes a real difference to my professional life too." - working Mother & lawyer
- "The traumas I experienced as a child were beyond belief, I knew long term work was necessary and didn't really want to do it. Thank God, I did, it is really possible to heal"
- " Working with Doctor Elizabeth has been life-changing, Psychotherapy and Qigong have resulted in me seeing the world differently." closing comment from a recent client, Jan 2019
- "I've been especially grateful for the exposure of Qigong, truly a transformational practice"
Areas of speciality include (but not limited to)Anxiety
- Marital & family issues
- Unconscious infertility
- Bereavement and loss
- Life changes adjustment
- Work consultancy
- Teenage development issues
- Academic and boarding school challenges
- Multicultural issues
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Severe anxiety disorders.
How to get started:
I am very happy to return your call if you are interested in working with me, in my experience connecting with you personally by phone is always a lovely way to start, of course, emailing me directly is perfectly fine too. Either way, I will get back to you very soon.
I also offer some concessionary places for students and for those serving or for former members of the armed forces and their families.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor
- UKAHPP registered Psychological Practitioner and Supervisor
- Senior Accredited Member of the BACP
- Spring Forest Qigong Instructor.
- Dpsych Doctor of Psychotherapy, Metanoia, Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Diploma in the Theories & Principles of Supervision in Practice, Metanoia
- MSc Psychological Therapies, Surrey University (BPS, accredited course)
- BSc Statistics & Research Module, Surrey University
- Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy South West London College
- Foundation Training Institute of Group Analysis and Institute of Family Therapy, London
- Certified Spring Forest Qigong Instructor; Trained (2012-17) USA, Canada, London and Amsterdam.
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff, Placement Trainee Counsellors, and Students at Bucks New University
- 25 years as a psychotherapist in private practice working closely with consultant psychiatrists G.P.'s and health professionals
- 20 years as a clinical supervisor for training UKCP and MBACP training psychotherapists
- Organisational systemic consultant for Colart, (leading world art material company)
- Part-time dissertation supervisor for MSc Counselling Students at Keele University
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff and Students at Bucks New University
- Doctoral, masters and undergraduate external examiner for training UKCP and BACP psychotherapists at Metanoia Training Institute, Middlesex University
- Supervised the onset and development of an in-house counselling service in Feltham for young offenders in 2000
- Developed the first private psychotherapeutic stress programme at the Devonshire Hospital in the 1990s
- 7 years, stress and activities therapist at Charter Clinic (private American Mental Health Clinic) in Chelsea, Hampstead and Marylebone during the mid-1980s.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
To be discussed
Initial 15 minute phone chat Free
Please note I charge for cancellations
To make an appointment you can either email me or call me.
If I am not available, do leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I take referrals from G.P.'s, health care professionals, psychotherapists and also psychotherapeutic training institutes. Many are self-referring professionals (and their families) working and living in and around London.
Fees for Sloane Qi Wellness Programme
- Qi Energy Balancing (10-15 minute) Taster Session: No charge
- Individual 25 minute Qigong Energy Balancing: £65
- Individual 1 hour Qigong Session Seven Fold Path to Health: £120
- Psychotherapy & Qigong Consultation up to 2 hours £230
- Qi Beak & Small Universe Meditation 4 people, (1pm-2pm): £30 (pp)
- 1-hour fertility Qi for couples planning a family: £120
- 20 Minute digital 'Journey into the present moment' Meditation: freely available by what's app
"Your meditation is really good, I've tried so many, your voice is amazing" - Amsterdam Spring Forest Qigong Conference
"Could we please use your meditation for our Practice Group Leaders?" - Spring Forest Qigong, CEO. USA
"I use your meditation for getting my children off to sleep, it really works! Really helpful" - Metanoia Training Psychotherapist, Middlesex University
"Helps us find a quiet space before starting out dissertation groups" - MSc students, Keele University.
What makes my work different
What makes my work different is that I can also offer a combination of psychotherapy with the art of Qigong. The art of listening, being present and helping others address their life challenges in the 'therapeutic relationship' is profound and lifechanging - when combined with this ancient Chinese art of energy balancing surprised me beyond belief. The results have been staggering and clients who have experienced sums it up it 'using psychotherapy with qigong is truly a transformational practice'. Let me explain further.
So what is Qigong?
Qigong is a Chinese word, put simply Qi means energy and gong means to work, so it's about working the body's energy. As we know everything in the universe is energy, everything you see or don't see is just energy in different forms. Einstein says energy cannot be created it has always been, energy will not be destroyed it will always be but energy can be transformed. Literally, our bodies are in a transformational process every day, so the important question is. Is it transforming for better or for worse? So through qigong practice, you can transform the energy you don't need in your body. Qigong is helped by four different pathways, through the breath, through the mind which the Chinese call the heart, the sin (Chunyi lin, 1992), through gentle movements and through sound, the vibration, the frequency like chanting for instance. So, by using these four parts together you can help yourself to bring your mind, your heart, your physical body and your true presence together.
As the UK's first Spring Forest Qigong Instructor the art of refining a combination of qigong and psychotherapy can make for a significant transformational change to occur. Through as in psychotherapy, commitment and quality of presence lie centrally.
Over these last six years, I have found the practice of qigong is fast gaining increasing recognition in the western world for it's physical, emotional and psychological health benefits. Components of mindful qigong are a growing part of my psychotherapy practice particularly in addressing levels of acute anxiety and stress. The power of qigong in psychotherapy is only beginning to be realised here in the western world.
As UK and Ireland's first SFQ instructor, my pioneering work with this ancient Chinese self-healing practice is steadily generating some impressive and immediate results alongside my psychotherapeutic practice. I consider this practice of qigong sits comfortably with the rise in consciousness about mindful self-care and personal development.
It is interesting to observe some 16 years ago while addressing increasing levels of anxiety and stress particularly among university students and despite much scepticism at that time, I successfully introduced pioneering practices of mindful meditation in higher education for equanimity and mind-body health awareness, with steady results. Now, as we know 'mindfulness' is everywhere as a means of raising consciousness and also as a preventative measure against alarming levels of stress globally. The mindful journey into qigong to attain a 'mindless connection' (my own terminology) with stillness will, I consider will bring significant changes in health and emotional wellbeing.
It is with the same spirit of innovation that I consider the health and emotional benefits from the ancient Chinese practice of Spring Forest Qigong will be among the next most powerful, simple and cost-effective means of self-healing for people in the western world.
Sloane Qi Wellness Programme
initial Qigong and Psychotherapy Consultation 3 hours
Qigong Individual 1 hour session - Seven Fold Path to Health:
- Understand what your health or healing goal is, and if you are nor sure I will work to find your own personal goal
- Provide an energy assessment of your current state of health and vitality so to have a starting place to track individual progress
- Demonstrate face to face Spring Forest Qigong healing movements and receive coaching
- Experience a ten-minute healing SFQ energy massage called Qi-ssage, sitting and fully clothed
- Receive a ten minute Qigong Session to relax your body and mind
- Design and customise a programme of energy, balance, movement and self-empowerment to experience physical and emotional wellbeing
- Receive recommendations for personal Qigong practice at home.
Weekly Wednesday lunchtime - Small Universe Meditation (1 pm to 2 pm), max 4 people.
This ancient Chinese simple yet very powerful meditation is one of the cornerstones of Spring Forest Qigong - feedback 'transformative', such a brilliant meditation, life-changing'.
This healing meditation activates the flow of energy within the two main governing meridian energy pathways in the body (yin -yang) to potentially unblock disease or dis ease which disturbs the flow of healthy living and well being.
- 20 Minute digital 'Journey into the present moment' Meditation designed specifically for university students and young people experiencing anxiety, interpersonal social challenges, academic pressures or who may also experience bouts of acrophobia
- Qi Energy Balancing - Taster Session (10-15 minute) - no charge.
My recent pilot study (Jun-Dec, 2017) researching the effectiveness of qigong for reducing levels of stress among senior officers of the armed forces showed significant reductions in the overall stress levels after 15-20 minute sessions. Words such as 'unbelievable, 'incredible' and "an eye-opener' described the experience.
- Head to Toe Session - group session.
Designed to address specific health conditions such as general pain, headaches, migraines, dental problems, respiratory problems, heart conditions, hearing or sight problems, high blood pressure, prostate problems, kidney dysfunction, back pain, depression, anxiety and stress. Fertility Qi sessions for couples planning a family - 30-minute session.
Ask for further details about Chinese Energy Breathing, Rainbow Meditation, Cancer Healing Meditation, Moon Meditation and Training weekends and Retreats coming up over the forthcoming year.
- Fertility Qi sessions for couples planning a family - 30-minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available evenings and weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I love being a supervisor, this part of my work is a place where so much effective growth happens for both trainees and qualified therapists, indeed for ongoing growth for us all.