Dr Elizabeth M Jordan, DPsych, MSc, Dip., UKCP, MAHPP, MBACP
2 Eaton Gate
020 7043 1696
I am a senior consultant psychotherapist, clinical and academic supervisor, trainer and doctoral examiner.
25 years of successful clinical experience as an integrative psychotherapist lies foundational to my therapeutic work. I am committed to mind, body and emotional wellness. Empowering a way forward for transformational change is what lies central to my work.
My specialism in psychotherapy has also been strengthened by a systemic training in group analysis, family therapy and analytic energy psychotherapy which adds further depth to my humanistic attachment style integrative approach.
I work on a long term basis with young people and adults. My shorter term work with teenagers, couples and families are individually designed over specific concentrated periods of time. SKYPE & telephone sessions are available intermittently on request.
- "I never imagined I'd ever get my life back, working with Liz was a life saver" - long term client who suffered from a crippling anxiety disorder
- "Long term therapy helps me so much with being a working Mother and makes a real difference to my professional life too." - working Mother & lawyer
- "The traumas I experienced as a child were beyond belief, I knew long term work was necessary and didn't really want to do it. Thank God, I did, it is really possible to heal"
Areas of specialty include (but not limited to)
- Marital & family issues
- Unconscious infertility
- Bereavement and loss
- Life changes adjustment
- Work consultancy
- Teenage development issues
- Academic and boarding school challenges
- Multicultural issues
- Personality disorders
- Post traumatic stress disorders
- Severe anxiety disorders.
How to get started:
I am very happy to return your call if you are interested in working with me, in my experience connecting with you personally by phone is always a lovely way to start, of course e mailing me directly is perfectly fine too. Either way I will get back to you very soon.
If you are interested in working with me and would need to consider a difference fee rate, please ask about my Ealing Practice, where occasionally I have some spaces available.
I also offer some concessionary places for students and for those serving or for former members of the armed forces and their families.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor
- UKAHPP registered Psychological Practitioner and Supervisor
- Senior Accredited Member of the BACP
- Spring Forest Qigong Master Healer & Instructor.
- Dpsych Doctor of Psychotherapy, Metanoia, Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Diploma in the Theories & Principles of Supervision in Practice, Metanoia
- MSc Psychological Therapies, Surrey University (BPS, accredited course)
- BSc Statistics & Research Module, Surrey University
- Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy South West London College
- Foundation Training Institute of Group Analysis and Institute of Family Therapy, London
- Certified Spring Forest Qigong Master Healer & Instructor; Trained (2012-17) USA, Canada, London and Amsterdam.
- 25 years as psychotherapist in private practice working closely with consultant psychiatrists G.P.'s and health professionals
- 20 years as a clinical supervisor for training UKCP and MBACP training psychotherapists
- Organisational systemic consultant for Colart, (leading world art material company)
- Part time dissertation supervisor for MSc Counselling Students at Keele University
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff and Students at Bucks New University
- Doctoral, masters and undergraduate external examiner for training UKCP and BACP psychotherapists at Metanoia Training Institute, Middlesex University
- Supervised the onset and development of an in-house counselling service in Feltham for young offenders in 2000
- Developed the first private psychotherapeutic stress programme at the Devonshire Hospital in the 1990's
- 7 years, stress and activities therapist at Charter Clinic (private American Mental Health Clinic) in Chelsea, Hampstead and Marylebone during the mid 1980's.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Clients who contact me are varied; I take referrals from G.P.'s, health care professionals, psychotherapists and also psychotherapeutic training institutes. Many are self-referring professionals (and their families) working and living in and around London.
Fees for psychotherapy
- Initial Assessment: £180-220
All fees will be discussed at the end of initial assessments
- Telephone / Skype Sessions available
- First 15 Minute contact session: No charge
Fees for Sloane Qi Wellness Programme
- Qi Energy Balancing (10-15 minute) Taster Session: No charge
- Individual Qigong Session Seven Fold Path to Health: £90
- Qi Beak & Small Universe Meditation 4 people, (1pm-2pm): £30 (pp)
- Fertility Qi for couples planning a family: £90
- Head to Toe group session: £30 (pp)
- 20 Minute digital 'Journey into the present moment' Meditation: £8 available by email.
"Your meditation is really good, I've tried so many, your voice is amazing" - Amsterdam Spring Forest Qigong Conference
"Could we please use your meditation for our Practice Group Leaders?" - Spring Forest Qigong, CEO. USA
"I use your meditation for getting my children off to sleep, it really works! Really helpful" - Metanoia Training Psychotherapist, Middlesex University
"Helps us find a quiet space before starting out dissertation groups" - MSc students, Keele University.
Sloane Qi wellness programme
I am also a Spring Forest Qigong master healer & instructor.
Over these last six years I have found the practice of qigong is fast gaining increasing recognition in the western world for it's physical, emotional and psychological health benefits. Components of mindful qigong are a growing part of my psychotherapy practice particularly in addressing levels of acute anxiety and stress. The power of qigong in psychotherapy is only beginning to be realised here in the western world.
As UK and Ireland's first SFQ master healer and instructor, my pioneering work with this ancient Chinese self healing practice is steadily generating some impressive and immediate results alongside my psychotherapeutic practice. I consider this practice of qigong sits comfortably with the raise in consciousness about mindful self care and personal development.
It is interesting to observe some 16 years ago while addressing increasing levels of anxiety and stress particularly among university students and despite much scepticism at that time, I successfully introduced pioneering practices of mindful meditation in higher education for equanimity and mind-body health awareness, with steady results. Now, as we know 'mindfulness' is everywhere as a means of raising raising consciousness and also as a preventative measure against alarming levels of stress globally. The mindful journey into qigong to attain a 'mindless connection' (my own terminology) with stillness will, I consider will bring significant changes in health and emotional wellbeing.
It is with same spirit of innovation that I consider the health and emotional benefits from the ancient Chinese practice of Spring Forest Qigong will be among the next most powerful, simple and cost effective means of self healing for people in the western world.
Sloane Qi wellness programme
Qigong Individual Session - Seven Fold Path to Health:
- Understand what your health or healing goal is, and if you are nor sure I will work to find your own personal goal
- Provide an energy assessment of your current state of health and vitality so to have a starting place to track individual progress
- Demonstrate face to face Spring Forest Qigong healing movements and receive coaching
- Experience a ten minute healing SFQ energy massage called Qi-ssage, sitting and fully clothed
- Receive a ten minute Qigong Session to relax your body and mind
- Design and customise a programme of energy, balance, movement and self empowerment to experience physical and emotional wellbeing
- Receive recommendations for personal Qigong practice at home.
Weekly Wednesday lunch time - Small Universe Meditation (1pm to 2pm), max 4 people.
This ancient Chinese simple yet very powerful meditation is one of the corner stones of Spring Forest Qigong - feedback 'transformative', such a brilliant meditation, life changing'.
This healing mediation activates the flow of energy within the two main governing meridian energy pathways in the body (yin -yang) to potentially unblock disease or dis ease which disturb the flow of healthy living and well being.
- 20 Minute digital 'Journey into the present moment' Meditation designed specifically for university students and young people experiencing anxiety, interpersonal social challenges, academic pressures or who may also experience bouts of acrophobia
- Qi Energy Balancing - Taster Session (10-15 minute) - no charge.
My recent pilot study (Jun-Dec, 2017) researching the effectiveness of qigong for reducing levels of stress among senior officers of the armed forces showed significant reductions in the overall stress levels after 15-20 minute sessions. Words such as 'unbelievable, 'incredible' and "an eye opener' described the experience.
- Head to Toe Session - group session.
Designed to address specific health conditions such as: general pain, headaches, migraines, dental problems, respiratory problems, heart conditions, hearing or sight problems, high blood pressure, prostrate problems, kidney dysfunction, back pain, depression, anxiety and stress. Fertility Qi sessions for couples planning a family - 30 minute session.
Ask for further details about Chinese Energy Breathing, Rainbow Meditation, Cancer Healing Meditation, Moon Meditation and Training weekends and Retreats coming up over the forthcoming year.
- Fertility Qi sessions for couples planning a family - 30 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a senior consultant psychotherapist, clinical and academic supervisor, trainer and doctoral examiner.View supervision profile