Dr Elizabeth M Jordan, DPsych, MSc, Dip., UKCP, MAHPP, MBACP
I am a senior consultant psychotherapist, clinical and academic supervisor, researcher and doctoral examiner with thirty years of experience.
I am a Doctor of Psychotherapy, a member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), a senior accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and a registered member of the United Kingdom Association of Humanistic Practitioners (UKAHPP).
My main areas of specialism are dealing with anxiety disorders, depression, relationship challenges, marital and family dynamic issues, mother /daughter relationship, family constellation reframing, work consultancy, life change adjustments, unconscious infertility and teenage development anxiety, (see full details below). I offer therapies to adults, couples and adolescents.
Systemic training in group analysis and family therapy adds strength and further depth to my humanistic attachment style integrative approach. Empowering a way forward for transformational change is what lies central to my work.
What lies at the heart of therapy's effectiveness is the client-therapist relationship and within this critical relationship is what lies primarily to the development, empowerment and fulfilment for change to occur.
I work on a long term basis with young people and adults. Individually designed shorter-term work with teenagers, couples and families are available over specific concentrated periods. SKYPE & telephone sessions are available intermittently on request.
My work is about being profoundly present to help you transform.
"I never imagined I'd ever get my life back, working with Liz was a lifesaver" - long term client who suffered from a crippling anxiety disorder
"Long term therapy helps me so much with being a working Mother and makes a real difference to my professional life too." - working Mother & lawyer
"The traumas I experienced as a child were beyond belief; I knew long term work was necessary and didn't want to do it. Thank God, I did; it is possible to heal."
" Working with Doctor Elizabeth has been life-changing, Psychotherapy and Qigong have resulted in me seeing the world differently." closing comment from a recent client, July 2019
"My work with Elizabeth has been truly transformational". Recent
Areas of speciality include (but not limited to)Anxiety
- Marital & family issues
- Unconscious infertility
- Bereavement and loss
- Life changes adjustment
- Work consultancy
- Teenage development issues
- Academic and boarding school challenges
- Multicultural issues
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Severe anxiety disorders.
How to get started:
I am pleased to return your call if you are interested in working with me, in my experience connecting with you by phone is always a lovely way to start, of course, emailing me is perfectly fine too. Either way, I will get back to you very soon.
I also offer some concessionary places for students and those serving or former members of the armed forces and their families.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor
- UKAHPP registered Psychological Practitioner and Supervisor
- Senior Accredited Member of the BACP
- Meditation and Qigong Instructor
- Dpsych Doctor of Psychotherapy, Metanoia, Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Diploma in the Theories & Principles of Supervision in Practice, Metanoia
- MSc Psychological Therapies, Surrey University (BPS, accredited course)
- BSc Statistics & Research Module, Surrey University
- Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy South West London College
- Foundation Training Institute of Group Analysis and Institute of Family Therapy, London
- Certified Qigong Instructor; Trained (2012-17) USA, Canada, London and Amsterdam.
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff, Placement Trainee Counsellors, and Students at Bucks New University
- 25 years as a psychotherapist in private practice working closely with consultant psychiatrists G.P.'s and health professionals
- 20 years as a clinical supervisor for training UKCP and MBACP training psychotherapists
- Organisational systemic consultant for Colart, (leading world art material company)
- Part-time dissertation supervisor for MSc Counselling Students at Keele University
- Sept 2017 celebrated and completed 25 years of having set up and managed an innovative University Counselling Service for Staff and Students at Bucks New University
- Doctoral, masters and undergraduate external examiner for training UKCP and BACP psychotherapists at Metanoia Training Institute, Middlesex University
- Supervised the onset and development of an in-house counselling service in Feltham for young offenders in 2000
- Developed the first private psychotherapeutic stress programme at the Devonshire Hospital in the 1990s
- Seven years, stress and activities therapist at Charter Clinic (private American Mental Health Clinic) in Chelsea, Hampstead and Marylebone during the mid-1980s.
- Six years of teaching Qigong and meditation has contributed to being more fully present in this work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Psychotherapy Fees - To be discussed
Initial 15 minute phone chat Free
To make an appointment you can either email me or call me.
If I am not available, do leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I take referrals from G.P.'s, health care professionals, psychotherapists and also psychotherapeutic training institutes. Many are self-referring professionals (and their families) working and living in and around London.
Since 2013, I have also been teaching Qigong and meditation, holding classes in Ireland, The Netherlands and here in the UK. Sharing this ancient Chinese in university education, health care professions, the general public and the armed forces in the UK and Ireland has had significant results.
My Qigong training has taken place in London, San Diego, Minneapolis, Calgary and Amsterdam. At each stage from level 1 through to level 5, I have trained with and been certified personally by Master Lin Spring Forest Qigong.
I was awarded Practice Group Leader of the year in 2016. This year I have been invited by Spring Forest Qigong to be an outbreak speaker at the forthcoming Master of Qi Conference in Minneapolis and at the Friends of Qigong gathering in Amsterdam in October 2019. Becoming a Qigong Certified Master Healer and Instructor has deepened life's rich experience.
Further information is available on the link below to my bio on the map of certified Qigong professionals, under the category of certified instructors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available evenings and weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I love being a supervisor, this part of my work is a place where so much effective growth happens for both trainees and qualified therapists, indeed for ongoing growth for us all.