Eleanor Bacon MSc. Psych., Dip. Couns., MBACP (reg)
I believe that we can all benefit from talking and being listened to by someone other than family or friends. You could be experiencing anxiety or depression and feel overwhelmed by daily life. Perhaps you have experienced a bereavement, an accident, a traumatic incident, a change in your work or family circumstances, domestic abuse, relationship issues or perhaps you may be feeling sad and that something is not quite right. Talking to a trained Counsellor can help you to understand your feelings and lead to recovery.
I am an experienced Psychodynamic Counsellor who is passionate about the possibility for change and recovery through counselling. There are different approaches to counselling that can be confusing when you are thinking about seeking help. My work is rooted in Psychodynamic Counselling, which looks at how our past experiences may be affecting our lives in the here and now. I will also draw on other theories to find the best approach for each of my clients. I will work with you, exploring your thoughts and feelings to try and make sense of what is happening so that you can begin to enjoy your life again.
I offer short-term and long-term counselling in my private practice. I also work as a Counsellor with Place2Be providing counselling to children aged 5-16 years old. I previously worked for a number of years as an Honorary Psychotherapist for the NHS and at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation.
My private practice is based on the outskirts of Chelmsford and has on-site parking. It is easily accessible from Dunmow, Felsted, Chelmsford and the surrounding areas. I offer a tranquil consultation room that is a safe, comfortable and confidential place for us to talk. I have an additional counselling room in Chelmsford City centre. If you are thinking about counselling please get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - two year course at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation, Chelmsford
- Diploma in Counselling Skills - one year course at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation, Chelmsford
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - one year course at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation, Chelmsford
- MSc Psychology - University of East London
- BA (Hons) Modern Chinese Studies - Leeds University
- Honorary Psychotherapist - NHS Essex Partnership University Trust
- Counsellor - Chelmsford Counselling Foundation
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Personality disorders
Initial consultation: £40.00
£40.00 per 50-minute weekday appointment.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework of good practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client