Eleanor Bacon MSc. Psych., Dip. Couns., MBACP (reg)
I am an experienced Psychodynamic Counsellor who is passionate about the possibility for change and recovery through talking therapy. I believe we can all benefit from talking and being listened to by someone other than family or friends.
You may be thinking about counselling because you are experiencing anxiety or depression and feel overwhelmed. Perhaps you have experienced a bereavement, an accident, a traumatic incident, a change in your work or family circumstances, domestic abuse, relationship issues or perhaps you may be feeling sad and that something is not quite right. Talking to a trained counsellor can help you to understand your feelings and lead to recovery.
Psychodynamic Counselling allows us to look at how our past experiences may be affecting our lives in the here and now. I am an experienced counsellor offering short and long term counselling to those experiencing a range of issues including relationship difficulties, abuse, suicidal thoughts, family issues, and feelings such as low self-esteem, generalised anxiety, panic and depression. I will work with you, exploring your thoughts and emotions to try and make sense of what is happening so that you can enjoy your life.
I offer counselling to adults, couples, young people and children in my private practice, Flourish Counselling in Chelmsford. I also provide counselling to children in two schools in Harlow through Place2Be. I previously worked for a number of years as an Honorary Psychotherapist for the NHS and at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation.
My private practice is based on the outskirts of Chelmsford and has on-site parking. It is easily accessible from Dunmow, Felsted, Ongar, Chelmsford and the surrounding areas. I offer a tranquil consultation room that is a safe, comfortable and confidential place for us to talk.
If you are thinking about counselling or have questions please get in touch for an initial consultation. This is an opportunity for you to find out more about the process to help you make a decision on whether counselling is the right thing for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Education and Training:
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - BACP accredited two year course at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation, Chelmsford
- Diploma in Counselling Skills - one year course at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation, Chelmsford
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - one year course at Chelmsford Counselling Foundation, Chelmsford
- MSc Psychology - University of East London
- BA (Hons) Modern Chinese Studies - Leeds University
- BACP registered
- Honorary Psychotherapist - NHS Essex Partnership University Trust
- Counsellor - Place2Be, Harlow
- Counsellor - Chelmsford Counselling Foundation
I attend regular CPD training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Working with teenagers and young people experiencing difficulties with changes in their lives including identity issues and transitions such as leaving school or home.
Those adults and young people experiencing unexplained anxiety and panic.
Fees start from £45 for 50 minute sessions
Concession rates are available.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework of good practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7am-9pm , Tuesday 6pm-9pm
Types of client