I am an experienced, fully qualified and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, with a specialism in Mindfulness-based approaches, based in West London. I have many years’ experience working in the NHS, offering therapy to adults with common emotional difficulties like depression, anxiety, stress and low-self-esteem.
Life can be tough at times, especially with the impact of Covid-19 on our lives, but having had the privileged experience of seeing many clients change their lives for the better with the help of therapy, I am left with an unshakeable hope that all people, whatever their current trials and struggles, can live valued and happy lives.
Whether you're feeling down, anxious, lost, fearful or worthless - about anything from work and relationships, to the future of the planet - or indeed struggling to overcome a trauma in your life, I will listen to your story with kindness and in total confidence. We can then decide together whether my approach will help you move forward.
My main approaches are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Compassion-focused therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT). These are tried and tested ways of helping people who are suffering, in a gentle but also quite active and practical way. Typically, depending on your particular problems and issues, you could expect to see positive changes within 6 to 12 sessions of therapy, but I also work with people for significantly longer than that when needed.
It’s normal to feel anxious about meeting a therapist for the first time. Our initial consultation, either on the phone or face to face, would be a chance for you to hear a bit more about how I work, and crucially, for you to get a sense of whether you feel comfortable with me and whether we would be a good match. And of course, there’s absolutely no obligation to continue at that point or rush into a decision. Many people choose to speak to a few therapists before deciding on who to see for more sessions, which I think is a really good idea.
I have extensive experience of assessing and treating people with the following problems:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (Worry)
- Social Anxiety (including shyness and blushing)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Low Self-Esteem / low confidence
- Interpersonal Difficulties
- Specific Phobias
- Work Stress
- Health Anxiety
- Physical illness, long term conditions and disability
- Panic disorder
- Family issues
- Relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
- Affairs and infidelity
- Sexuality issues
- Work-related stress
- Performance anxiety, such as interviews, exams, or public speaking
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully accredited member of BABCP (British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies).
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Certificate of Competence to Teach MBCT, Oxford Mindfulness Centre, 2019
- Post Graduate Diploma (Distinction) in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy. Royal Holloway, University of London, 2012
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) Practitioner training – Anna Freud, National Centre for Children and Families, 2017
- Post Graduate Diploma in Low-Intensity Psychological Interventions. University College London, 2009.
- Samaritans Training in Suicide Prevention and Supporting Distress, 2005
- Fully insured as Registered Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Covid-related anxiety and low mood, Eco-anxiety
I offer a 30-minute initial consultation for no fee.
Fees are £80 per 50-minute session. Some concessions are available.
Concessions offered for
I would like to help you using a format that suits your own circumstances at the moment. I therefore offer face to face therapy, telephone sessions, or sessions via Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams.
If you have any questions, or would like to book an appointment, please call or email in confidence.