Are you worried about coronavirus?
Are you Anxious, concern about how you pass this period. Are you worried about your health, about your business, about your loved one, do you worry about your relationship, I have supported many couples and individuals through their pain, relationship issue and managed to carry on a healthy life. Please don’t suffer alone!
I am offering online sessions for safety of you and myself to support you passing this uncertain period.
We can set up Zoom or Skype and agree on the time /date suit both of us.
There is reduce rate depending on your income.
Why counselling therapy?
If you are at a crossroads in your life, therapy is a place to explore your options in a safe and contained environment. Sometimes there's no 'win-win', so we must choose, albeit with regret. I can offer support as you come to terms with change and adjustment. Sitting with me, I can hear what might seem unspeakable and can consider what might seem unthinkable. It is a confidential service. The prospect of talking to a stranger about your problems in life can be quite daunting. However, this could be a turning point in your life. During your sessions, we will together explore your issues in-depth, making meaning of difficult feelings and patterns, and how it may be a call for change and transformation.
Questions a lot of people ask
Why Counselling is More Important Than Medication
Are you a student?
I have a concessions rate for students, just drop a line and I will give you my answer soon and support you to get out of your issues.
Some information about me
As an integrative counsellor, I use psychodynamic principles, incorporating with person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapy and many other creative therapies in my work. I have experience in counselling within the Health services and other primary care settings. I work with adults on a 1:1 basis, offering short term or longer, open-ended support.
My aim is to foster a positive and honest therapeutic relationship, an experience, which you can take, forward and improve your relationships on the outside.
I provide a confidential, safe, non-judgmental space to explore what may be contributing to your current difficulties providing you with an opportunity to gain another perspective and explore other options and ways of managing your issues.
I provide individual therapy, and couple therapy both short and long term sessions.
You can follow me on LinkedIn as Dilnia Horton
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualification
I have obtained quite a lot of qualifications and training through my life, which have given me a wealth of understanding and experiences within communities and health authority, charity organisations and voluntary sectors.
- Dip (Couns) Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy, (CPTA)
- Emotional Focus Therapy for couple (ICEEFT Couple Therapist reg)
- Rewind treatment for PTSD.
- Couple Dynamic Therapy
- Understanding Truma and affect on brain.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Training.
- Foundations in Counselling
- BSc Degree International Social Policy
- Eating Disorder Awareness Workshop 1. 'Towards a Greater Understanding'.
- Addiction and understanding Addiction's mind.
- Certificate in Personal Cochaing at Cochaing Academy.
- Low Cost and NHS Clinical Placement seminar.
- Domestic abuse awareness,
- Child protection Legislation.
- Risk Assessment and mangment assessment.
- LGBT Counselling therapy.
- Counselling and Communication skills for front line professionals IMAAK
I also have some more training linked to various fields.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I can work with
I have experience working with anxiety, trauma, losses and low self-esteem, Rape, trauma, eating disorders, anxiety, relationship issues, anger, culture differences, struggles with study, acceptance. etc
I also have experience working especially with women who had history of abuse and trauma that are impacting on their wellbeing, self-esteem and relationships.
As a counsellor I believe in mindfulness, I also work with people who might struggle to find a balance between their beliefs and the difficulties they are encountering.
Contact me by phone, or email me and we can arrange a day and time suits both of us.
- Face to Face can be paid on the day in cash from £65-£100 depending on earnings. Couples therapy is £100
- Online session is £50 and paid in advance of the session (at least 48 hours) through bank transfer. Payment is made into my account and then we can organise our sessions.
- I also have the option "concessions" to book 6 sessions in advance to take advantage of the reduced price of £300 which is 6 sessions for £50 each.
- I listen to your needs and what you can afford to pay, Instead of stay in pain come forward and we will work together and find the right fee you could afford and no obstacle toward your progress,
I do look forward to working with you.
Please contact me by email and I will always try to respond promptly.