How do you feel?
Lost, alone, lost your sense of direction, feeling frustrated, anxious, angry, guilty, shame, scared, or any other emotion? Would you like to explore options, make choices, move towards understanding who you are and what you want? Are you struggling with issues around confidence, procrastination, depression, anxiety, anger, guilt or any other difficulties? Do you struggle to understand?
Why counselling therapy?
If you are at a crossroads in your life, therapy is a place to explore your options in a safe and contained environment. Sometimes there's no 'win-win', so we must choose, albeit with regret. I can offer support as you come to terms with change and adjustment. Sitting with me, I can hear what might seem unspeakable and can consider what might seem unthinkable. It is a confidential service. The prospect of talking to a stranger about your problems in life can be quite daunting. However, this could be a turning point in your life. During your sessions, we will together explore your issues in-depth, making meaning of difficult feelings and patterns, and how it may be a call for change and transformation.
Questions a lot of people ask
Why Counselling is More Important Than Medication
Are you a student?
I have a concessions rate for students, just drop a line and I will give you my answer soon and support you to get out of your issues.
As an integrative counsellor, I use psychodynamic principles, incorporating with person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapy and many other creative therapies in my work. I have experience in counselling within the Health services and other primary care settings. I work with adults on a 1:1 basis, offering short term or longer, open-ended support.
My aim is to foster a positive and honest therapeutic relationship, an experience, which you can take, forward and improve your relationships on the outside.
I provide a confidential, safe, non-judgmental space to explore what may be contributing to your current difficulties providing you with an opportunity to gain another perspective and explore other options and ways of managing your issues.
I provide individual therapy, both short and long term sessions.
You can follow me on LinkedIn as Dilnia Horton
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualification
I have obtained quite a lot of qualifications and training through my life, which have given me a wealth of understanding and experiences within communities and health authority, charity organisations and voluntary sectors.
- Dip (Couns) Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy, (CPTA)
- Emotional Focus Therapy for couple (ICEEFT Couple Therapist reg)
- Rewind treatment for PTSD.
- Couple Dynamic Therapy
- Understanding Truma and affect on brain.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Training.
- Foundations in Counselling
- BSc Degree International Social Policy
- Eating Disorder Awareness Workshop 1. 'Towards a Greater Understanding'.
- Addiction and understanding Addiction's mind.
- Certificate in Personal Cochaing at Cochaing Academy.
- Low Cost and NHS Clinical Placement seminar.
- Domestic abuse awareness,
- Child protection Legislation.
- Risk Assessment and mangment assessment.
- LGBT Counselling therapy.
- Counselling and Communication skills for front line professionals IMAAK
I also have some more training linked to various fields.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I can deal with various areas including Rape, trauma, eating disorders, anxiety, relationship issues, anger, culture differences, struggles with study, acceptance.. etc.
Contact me by phone, or email me and we can arrange a day and time suits both of us.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Face to Face can be paid on the day in cash from £65-£100 depending on earnings. Couples therapy is £100
- Skype and telephone is £50 and paid in advance of the session (at least 48 hours) through online bank transfer. Payment is made into my account and then we can organise our sessions.
- I also have the option "concessions" to book 6 sessions in advance to take advantage of the reduced price of £300 which is 6 sessions for £50 each.
I do look forward to working with you.
Please contact me by email and I will always try to respond promptly.
I am on supervision training, I can support newly qualified counsellor with their clients with concession fee, drop an email to me email@example.com and happy to discuss together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday -Thursday 9 am - 3 pm, Friday 9 am - 10 pm
Types of client