At times our lives become stuck. I am passionate about offering people the chance to move on with their emotional needs. As your therapist, I offer you support through a caring therapeutic relationship where you can explore your problems. The therapy may lead you on a journey to help give you insight into your life as it is now and how you can bring change to your life in a positive way.
Training, qualifications & experience
I abide by the BACP Code of Ethics ensuring confidentiality, best standards of practice by maintaining monthly clinical supervision and continued professional development. I work in a humanistic, integrative, person centred way. Including CBT, Solution Focused, Creative Therapy.
- Cert Ed Polytechnic South West/Plymouth University
- Advance Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- Counselling for Children, Young People and Young Adults - Counselling MindEd
- BACP Certificate of Accreditation Counsellors/Psychotherapist - BACP
- Diploma in Supervision - Iron Mill College Exeter
- Child Protection Training - Bridgewater College
- Keeping Children Safe in Education, Preventing Radicalisation, Online Safety, Safeguarding Essentials, Data Protection Briefing, Equality & Diversity Briefing
- Sexual Abuse Training Part 1/2 - with Barnardos
- Young People who Self-Harm - Charlie Waller Trust
- Trauma and the Body - Norma Howes
- Bereavement & Loss - Charlie Waller Trust
- Supporting LGBT Young People - Somerset Sexual Health Training Programme
- Private Health Care Registered - BUPA, AXA, AVIVA
- DBS Clearance - 2019
I am a very experienced professional Counsellor/Psychotherapist who has been practising since 2003. I have worked in education for over thirty years. I work in schools, with employers and in private practise in Sherborne. I also work as a Restorative Justice Practitioner for Young Offenders in Somerset.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£50 per session
Please contact me for supervision fees.
My availability - Monday to Friday during the day and evenings. I am also available for home visits.
I can also offer workshops in:
Bereavement, Anger Management, Building Self - Esteem, Mindfulness, Stress and Anxiety, Work Place Bullying, Clinical Supervision, Learning to live with Covid