I offer short and long term Psychotherapy, Counselling and Couples Counselling in North Devon for people who come with a range of issues. I have an Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling awarded by the Central School for Counselling Training. I am also a qualified Integrative Arts Psychotherapist (masters level) accredited with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and with The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). In addition to this I am a qualified Relate trained Relationship Couples Counsellor. My most recent trainings have centred on depression and anxiety. I hold a certificate in Counselling for Depression and I have also completed training in Couples Therapy for Depression. I work in an integrative way drawing on different therapeutic models of working, including the use of the arts, which enables me to work with each client differently. Together we would decide what you need from therapy, how we can best work together and which approach would benefit you most. During sessions I may invite you to use the arts, however the decision to work in this way is optional and would always be up to you.
I am currently working within the NHS as welI as seeing clients within my private practice. I have a lot of experience of working with adults within the NHS and within The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). I have also worked for Buckinghamshire County Council, and within a Forensic setting. As well as this I have experience of working within the NHS with women survivors of sexual abuse and within the charitable sector for 5 years at a women’s centre based in Oxford. I have a special interest in working with people who suffer with depression and anxiety and with people who have experienced trauma in their lives. I have also worked for Relate, providing Couple Counselling.
I offer a safe, comfortable and confidential space situated 3 miles from Barnstaple with easy parking. I offer daytime and evening appointments and Saturday morning appointments and I will do my best to fit in with a time that suits you.
I adhere to UKCP and HCPC code of ethics for good practice and I have regular supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Masters Degree - Integrative Arts Psychotherapy – Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education / London Metropolitan University
- Diploma –Integrative Arts Psychotherapy – Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education / London Metropolitan University
- Diploma in the Therapeutic Application of the Arts - Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CSCT)
- Graduate Certificate Foundation in Couple Counselling - Relate
- Certificate in Counselling for Depression
- Couples Therapy for Depression training - Approved (Association for Family Therapy –AFT) as Specialist Training in Evidence-Based Practice with Couples for Depression
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Accredited Member
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Accredited Member
- Member of the Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education
- Member of the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Initial meeting - £10.00
Individual sessions - £40.00 per 50 minute session and there are some concessions available. Please enquire.
Couple counselling - £40.00 per 60 minute session with some concessions available. Please enquire.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
By arrangement - weekend and evening appointments offered as well as daytime
Types of client