Denise Dyson MA MBACP (Accred)
Whatever your struggle, I would like to help. When we work together, we will be able to use the best approach most suited to you. For fifteen years, I have used a range of counselling techniques so people can work through their problems to lead the lives they truly want.
Understanding your particular issue
I have worked with younger and older clients, men and women. I will tailor my approach to be the most effective for you. This is because although I have a solid, comprehensive training in traditional psychotherapeutic counselling, I also have extensive knowledge and practice of modern, effective techniques such as CBT, coaching, hypnotherapy, mindfulness, person-centred, brief and creative therapies, EFT and the Rewind Technique (for trauma, phobias, anxiety and disruptive memories). Change can happen. I have seen it take place before my eyes time and time again. Perhaps you are experiencing overwhelm, stress, depression, or confusion about what is going on in your life. It might be about coming to terms with trauma, loss or illness. Maybe it is a relationship or family issue, or about an affair, separation or divorce. It could be about understanding why you feel so stressed, depressed, or worried. It doesn't matter how long your pain, suffering or challenge has been with you or how terrible it might seem, we can tackle it together, finding the right solutions for you. We will address the issues, looking for understanding and clarity. Then we will unlock what needs to happen to make things better.
Where will the sessions take place?
Sessions are held in a relaxing, private therapy room, and everything discussed is absolutely confidential.
You can be reassured that I follow the BACP Ethical Framework for Best Practice.
During our first session, we can discuss what will work best for you - either brief therapy (for six sessions or less) or longer term, open-ended counselling.
Sessions can take place in person, on the phone or through Skype.
Call me for a free telephone consultation and we will talk it through.
Help for parents
I offer a specific, six-session programme supporting parents struggling with health issues, depression, overcoming the traumatic birth of a child, or coming to terms with raising a disabled child or those with specific learning challenges. I have extensive experience in helping parents achieve calmer, more focused lifestyles and overcoming the exhaustion and anxiety of having difficult family situations. I have supported numerous women who have faced fertility problems, underwent difficult births with their babies, suffered depression or anxiety after their child was born or now face relationship problems with their partners, parents or in-laws. I have also coached many women looking to change their work now that a child has come into their lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Psychodynamic)
- Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching (Distinction)
- Certificate in Time-Limited Coaching (including NLP techniques)
- Certificate in Counselling (Person-Centred)
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Theory and Skills
- The Son-Rise Programme (Autism Treatment Center of America) training on play-based therapy and learning for those with specific learning challenges
- National Childbirth Trust Post-Natal Support Facilitator training
- Training in the Rewind Technique (trauma therapy) and Creative Therapy
- Work for Chichester Counselling, a charitable organisation
- Member of Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Member of Sussex Counselling and Psychotherapy
- More than 20 years' experience working as a manager in both corporate and public sector environments
- Mother of teenagers!
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£40 per session
Some of the areas I have worked on with clients include:
- Stress and anxiety
- Loss and bereavement
- Facing change
- Relationship difficulties
- Post-natal depression
- Fertility issues
- Family breakdown
- Problems with sleeping
- Neglect and unresolved experiences in childhood
- Lacking confidence in personal relationships or at work
- Affairs or betrayals
- Separation or divorce
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please call or email to discuss.
Types of client