Denise Chatfield Integrative Counsellor Adv. Dip Psych MBACP (Reg)
I am a fully qualified and experienced Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist and can offer you a warm, supportive and confidential space to explore any current challenges or difficulties, at a pace to suit you.
Being an Integrative therapist means that I can also work flexibly in ways more likely to suit you and whatever you bring to our sessions together. I adapt different Therapeutic approaches, Person Centred, Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to work holistically with you as an Individual, bringing your emotions, spirit, mind and body together for us to assess how the relationship these four elements have with each other can enhance your well-being.
I am experienced in counselling adults and young adults, having worked in young adult agencies and schools, as well as in Private Practice. I also have training and experience in working with family groups, providing a safe space for every family member to feel heard and supported to help find more effective methods of communicating with each other.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Sexual Health Matters Tiers 1 & 2
- Training and experience in Family Therapy
I am a qualified and registered member of The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and am therefore bound by its regulation to ensure I offer professional standards and good practice. You can find further details on their website: www.bacp.co.uk
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
I offer an initial consultation of 30 minutes-free of charge and without obligation. This will give us an opportunity to get to know each other and for you to decide whether the service I offer can work for you. This also enables me to assess whether the service can meet your needs. If it does not I am happy to signpost alternative ways forward that may be more beneficial to you.
I charge £40 per one hour session.
I offer concessionary fees to students and trainee counsellors.
I work from a Practice in Truro TR3 6BW and a Practice in Penryn, Falmouth TR10 8BE.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|