People come to counselling because they may be dealing with feelings of loss and grief, or that they keep being reminded of abuse they suffered from during childhood and are still struggling with the pain today. Working through these painful events together can help you to become more empowered and give you the tools to make positive changes to lead a happier and healthier life.
I am able to provide psychotherapy and counselling to individuals and couples who are looking to deal with a range of emotional, relational and psychological problems. I will listen carefully to your story whilst obtaining an understanding of you and what is troubling you.
I am a Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist (CTA). I hold a Master's (Level 7) in TA psychotherapy and a Diploma in TA counselling. I am a registered UKCP psychotherapist, and a member of BACP, UKATA and EATA.
I am starting a Diploma in Supervision course in January 2022.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - Middlesex University
- Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - International Board of Certification (International Transactional Analysis Association)
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling (level 7) - The Berne Institute
- Training in Systemic Constellations, Theory, Practice & Integration - Enid Welford
- Certificate in Attachment Narrative Therapy, - The Bowlby Centre
- Bereavement & Loss - City & East London Bereavement Service and Islington Bereavement Service
- Death & Bereavement Across Cultures - City & East London Bereavement Service
- Re-decisional Therapy Training - The Berne Institute
- The Body Keeps the Score, Mind, Brain & Body in the Transformation of Trauma - The Centre for Child Mind Health
- Sexual Relationships: What Can Go Wrong and What Can Help
- Trauma in Children - Wealden Psychology Institute
- Severe & Complex Trauma & Dissociation - Wealden Psychology Institute
- Attachment, Attachment Disorder, Trauma & Recovery - Wealden Psychology Institute
- Trauma & Recovery - Wealden Psychology Institute
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Counselling & Psychotherapy - Wealden Psychology Institute
- ITEC Level 3, Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology - Essential for Health
- BSc (Hons) in Health & Social Care – The Open University
- Over 5 years in private practice
- Psychotherapist – InnerSpace Counselling Service
- Counsellor - Her Majesty Prison Service
- Counsellor - National Health Service
- Counsellor - Bereavement Service
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Association for Transactional Analysis
UKATA (formally the Institute of Transactional Analysis) is the national UK Transactional Analysis organisation representing all fields of TA theory and practice. TA can be used as an effective tool in a wide range of contexts such as: personal development, management, coaching, counselling, psychotherapy, teaching, education, parenting and more.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.