As a compassionate person-centred therapist, I welcome all parts of you and all that you bring. I will endeavour to step into your world and together we can explore your emotions, your inner thoughts and your true feelings. I will be kind and listen to you, whilst offering you a confidential and safe space without judging you or criticising you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries, with warm wishes Dawn
Training, qualifications & experience
- Person-Centred Counsellor MBACP
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Interpersonal Skills
- CHARITY WORK In addition to my private practice, I volunteer as a counsellor with a charity based in East Sussex supporting carers.
As a committed passionate therapist, I continue to learn and develop my professional knowledge.
I have recently completed the following courses:
- Walk and Talk Therapy Training
- Telephone Counselling Training
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Grief Works
- Concepts of Bereavement
- Relational Ethics In Practice
- Bereavement In Later Life
- Counselling Older Adults
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £25.00 to £45.00
Free initial telephone session
- £45.00 per session (50 minutes)
- £25.00 for low-cost counselling, if you are experiencing financial hardship or are on a low income please ask for availability as these sessions are limited.
Concessions offered for
Home visits considered.