Davina Stockton MBACP Counsellor & Psychotherapist
I am a qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist and a registered member of the BACP. I have over 8 years experience of using counselling skills and I am a fully qualified counsellor. I practice an integrative approach to counselling to fit in with the individual's needs and I also work according to BACP ethical framework.
Are you experiencing problems? Do you need to make sense and find acceptance to difficult situations. By talking in confidence, in a safe environment and without being judged. I can help and support you in managing your thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
Some of the areas I work in are:
- Abuse, Acceptance, Addiction, Anger, Anxiety, Attachment disorders
- Cultural issues
- Depression, Divorce
- Eating Disorders,
- Family conflicts, Financial issues
- Gender conflicts
- Health related issues
- Post/prenatal depression
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Suicidal thoughts and endeavours
- Work issues
And many other problems that we face in our day to day lives. Together we can find a way of working through your problems in order to enable you to cope with them and live a more fulfilled life. Counselling allows you the opportunity to talk and be heard by somebody who is not involved in your life, someone who can provide understanding and support. This can ease your pain and frustrations and help you deal with your problematic situation more directly.
I have counselling experience from people who are dealing with a variety of problems from mild to extreme and this experience has been gained from private and government led organisations and for the NHS in hospitals and GP surgeries. I also have 8 years experience of working with children and young people with various mental health related issues.
I work with equality, indiscriminately of a person's age, race, culture, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
For more information please contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 8years experience of Attachment Therapy
- Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Person centred, CBT, TA)
- Diploma in Health & Social Care for Children and Young People
- Certificate in First Aid
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children
- Certificate in Medication Awareness
- Certificate in Health and Safety
- Certificate in Drug and Alcohol awareness
- Certificate in Bulling and Complaints
- Certificate in Self-harm and Suicide
- Certificate in Motivating and Engaging Children and Young People
- Certificate in Sexualised behaviour and working with Child Sexual Exploration (CSE)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a registered member of the BACP and working alongside the ethical framework provides a professional service to clients, businesses and employee assistance plans.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Counselling services - £40.00 to £60.00 for 1 hour session
If any admin is required from the session this will reflect in the price.
Please ask for more information.
I cover various locations across Cheshire and all my counselling rooms have excellent transport links to the Motorways and also central Stockport and Manchester.
The counselling centres also all have nearby parking.
For more information please contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact to discuss availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|