Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
From time to time, everyone faces challenges and difficulties in their life but sometimes these can seem overwhelming. My work as an established UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor has seen me successfully help clients experiencing a wide range of such difficulties in their lives, either on a short or long-term basis.
I have over forty years experience of dealing with people undergoing crisis in their lives. My private practice is conveniently located on the edge of Bishop's Stortford, with ample free car parking on site. My office offers a safe, comfortable and confidential environment in which to explore how and why you feel the way you do and to help you to move forward in your life.
My professional qualifications are in ‘Integrative Psychotherapy’, studied at Regent's University in London, one of the leading UKCP training institutions. Having an integrative base allows me to draw from across the wide range of theories and evidence-based treatments to find a way of working with you that best meets your specific needs. My passion for developing what I can offer to my clients has led me to undertake further experience-specific ways of working, notably in the area of trauma. A list of my focussed learning is detailed below but the centre of my approach is an emphasis on you; working together to find a way that can realise all your life's potential, rooted within modern research-based theory and years of experience.
In addition to my private practice I am a UKCP registered clinical supervisor of trainee and qualified psychotherapists, counsellors and health professionals, in individual and group settings.
I am an approved provider of psychotherapy for a G.P. practice and provide trauma training for different emergency service organisations. I have additionally worked for a national mental health charity and a bereavement charity.
I am a registered service provider for BUPA and Cigna medical health insurance companies
I recognise that it takes a great deal of courage to look for professional help. Choosing the right therapist or counsellor can feel daunting. Please feel free to contact me if you would like any more information about my service, or to book a free introductory appointment to see whether my way of relating works for you. I make no charge for that appointment if you decide I am not the right person to work alongside.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision from The Minster Centre, London
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy - Two years study at Regent's University, London
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology - Two years study at Regent's University, London
- Bereavement training, with a London Bereavement Centre.
- Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling - One year's study at Regent's University, London.
- Introductory Certificate in Counselling - University of Hertfordshire
Additional subject-specific training undertaken -
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma
- Clinical Skills for Working with Trauma
- Treating Trauma.
- The Nature of Trauma, Dissociation and Avoidance
- Attachment, Trauma and Psychotherapy: Integration as a Path to Resilience and Well-being
- Domestic Violence
- Grief and Loss
- The Joy of Stress
- Adult Survivors of Emotional and Sexual Abuse in Childhood
- Healing the Emotional and Physical Scars of Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Working with Personality Disorders
- Addiction and Addictive Behaviours
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Neurobiology and its Applications to Psychotherapy
- Attachment Theory and its Application to Psychotherapy
- Suicide and Self-harm
- Social Media and its Impact on Mental Health
- Working with Clients who are Stuck
- Developing Minds; Mental Health and Young People
- Providing Online Therapy
Member organisations -
- Registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£75.00 - £85.00
Free initial telephone session
I offer flexible appointments between 7.30am - 9pm, Monday to Wednesday, and 7.30am-5.00pm Friday.
£75 per 60-minute weekday session until 6.00pm, and £85.00 for evening appointments
Please contact me for information on supervision fees. I offer private group supervision at a reduced rate to the individual fee. Corporate fees are by arrangement.
I have a number of low-cost places for clients on low income and trainee therapists.
When I work
As a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) I work according to their code of ethics and am subject to their professional conduct procedures.