5 Bridge Street
From time to time, everyone faces challenges and difficulties in their life but sometimes these can seem overwhelming. My work as an established psychotherapist and counsellor has seen me successfully help clients experiencing a wide range of such difficulties in their lives, either on a short or long-term basis.
My private practice is conveniently located in the town centre of Bishop's Stortford, close to ample public car parking and the bustling high street. It offers a safe, comfortable and confidential environment in which to explore how and why you feel the way you do and to help you to move forward in your life.
I have over thirty years experience of dealing with people undergoing crisis in their lives. My professional qualifications are in ‘Integrative Psychotherapy’, which allows me to draw from across the wide range of theories to find a way of working with you that best meets your specific needs. At the centre of my approach is an emphasis on you; working together to find a way that can realise all your life's potential.
In addition to my private practice I also work in a GP Practice and for a national mental health charity. I receive referrals from a national police support group for personnel who are experiencing work-related trauma or personal challenges.
I recognise that it takes a great deal of courage to look for professional help. Choosing the right therapist or counsellor can feel daunting. Please feel free to contact me if you would like any more information about my service, or to book a free introductory appointment to see whether my way of relating works for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy - Two years study at Regent's University, London
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology - Two years study at Regent's University, London
- Bereavement training, with a London Bereavement Centre.
- Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling - One year's study at Regent's University, London.
- Introductory Certificate in Counselling - University of Hertfordshire
Additional training courses -
- PTSD and Trauma
- The Nature of Trauma and Dissociation
- Domestic Violence
- Grief and Loss
- The Joy of Stress
- Child Abuse
- Addictive Behaviours
Member organisations -
- Registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered member of The Society for Existential Analysis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
I offer flexible appointments between 7.30am - 9pm, Monday to Friday. 7.30am - 2pm Saturday
£55 per 60-minute weekday session until 6.00pm, and £65.00 for evening appointments
£65 per 60-minute session on saturdays.
Couples are charged at the standard rate of £75 per session.
Corporate fees are by arrangement.
I have a number of low-cost places for clients on low income.
As a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I work according to their code of ethics and am subject to their professional conduct procedures.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|