David Flint BSc (Hon) Psychology, Dip. Couns, MBACP (Accred), MBPsS.
I feel successful therapy is built on the foundation and quality of our therapeutic relationship. During counselling we will work together to build and reinforce that therapeutic relationship. I will work to earn your trust so that you feel secure enough to discuss your feelings, thoughts, issues or problems. Everything we talk about is confidential and I work honestly, respectfully and non-judgementally.
Although each therapeutic relationship is different and each client's experience unique, a successful therapeutic relationship can empower, enable and promote, in the client, self-confidence, self-esteem, self-motivation, self-belief. This can also increase self-awareness leading to understanding, opportunity and motivation to change through choice.
Counselling built on a successful therapeutic relationship will provide a safe, reassuring 'space' where you feel supported, enabling you to discuss and explore your thoughts and feelings, understand your experiences and promote your wellbeing.
I have been a carer for over 10 years so have significant experience relating to the challenges that can bring, both to the carer and the cared for.
I offer telephone and online therapy via a secure chat /messenger service so am able to work with those unable to leave home or struggling to do so, but also those who are used to communicating via messenger services and find it preferable to do so.
Issues I have experience of include personality disorders, behavioural problems, identity confusion, transition, relationship issues, anxiety, bullying, stress, self-esteem, self-confidence, anger issues, sadness and loss.
I have worked at various organisations and charities, working at different times in the NHS with people with learning disabilities, a charity for young people and adults with alcohol/ drugs issues, (11-24 year olds), a 6th Form college (16-19 years olds) an established University (18-21 years and mature students) and in my private practice.
Counselling and psychotherapy for:
Anxiety, Depression, Sadness, Fear, Loss, Anger, Relationships/ Friendships, Family break-up, Exam Stress, School expulsion, aggression, self harm, identity issues, disability, stress, personality disorders, separations/divorce, affairs/ betrayals, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues.
Frimley, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Hawley, Cove, Camberley, Bagshot, Virginia water, Sandhurst, Blackwater, Ash, Aldershot,
Crowthorne, Normandy, Church Crookham.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society. Membership No.347897
- Accredited Member of the BACP (Accred), Membership No 774072
- Registered Member of the BACP (Accred), Membership No 774072
- BSc Psychology (Hon)
- Diploma Integrative counselling
- Diploma Mindfulness based Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Honorary Psychologist NHS (working with people with learning disabilities)
- HOMER (addiction, alcohol, prison release charity)
- YPI (11-24 year olds)
- 6th Form Counselling (16-19 year olds)
- Royal University of Holloway Associate Counsellor (Adult students)
- Private Practice (Older Adults, Adults, Adolescents, Children, Couples)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Phobias, Sadness, Fears, Confusion, self-development, low self-esteem, anger management, child related issues
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Initial 30 minute assessment session free
- Session price individuals; £50 per hour
- Session price couples; £75 per hour
- Some concessions are available based on circumstance. (there is limited availability for these and it can be discussed at the assessment)
- Discounted rate for student counsellors/ therapists
- EAP/ Insurance Price
- Couples; £100
- Wheel chair accessible.
- Ample Free parking
- Close to Frimley Park Hospital
- Short distance to Frimley Station
- Main road location
- On local bus route
- Purpose built Office
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
ample free car parking, ground floor office, wheelchair friendly, wide doors, no need to use stairs, lifts or ramps.
12 noon - 8 p.m. Mon - Thur. Other appointments by special arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|