Danielle Lloyd-Edwards MSc MBACP (Accred.) (Adults & Adolescents)
I am an experienced clinician with a Masters in adult psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy. My various professional roles include Lead Counsellor in a secondary school, clinical supervisor to trainee psychodynamic counsellors, group facilitator and private practitioner.
By offering a contained and safe space within which my clients can share their anxieties or difficult experiences, I work with them to find a way through their suffering and achieve a more balanced and emotionally healthy state of mind. Warmth, empathy and a non-judgemental stance are the mainstay of my practice as I am well aware of how difficult it can be to begin therapy and how necessary it is to feel comfortable and safe in the room.
My private practice is based in my home in Sheringham.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Psychodynamic Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Integrative)
- Level 4 Certificate Counselling Children
- Psychodynamic Supervision training
- DBS checked
- Suicide prevention training YMCA
- Safeguarding Training - Place2be
- Assessment Training - Chichester Counselling Service
- Attend fortnightly supervision for adults & weekly supervision for children in line with the BACP Code of Ethics
- Lead Counsellor- Millais School Horsham
- Clinical Supervisor - The Counselling Centre, Tunbridge Wells
- Group Facilitator - PGDip Psychodynamic Counselling, Brighton University
- Psychotherapist - The Rock clinic, Brighton
- Private Practitioner - Sheringham, adults, young people and adolescents
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50 per session.
The above fees apply to assessment sessions.