I believe everyone needs a good listening to.
I am a Humanistic Psychotherapist, but can also offer CBT and Mindfulness. I work with individuals and couples.
I can offer help with anything you bring, but have particular experience with:
- Everyday addictions (all sorts);
- Stress, burn out, separation/divorce, parenting (also deciding whether to have a child), any relationship issue;
- I work with couples, especially on money and relationships, sex, sexuality;
- Abuse, sexual abuse and related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working as a counsellor and psychotherapist for many years and have a lot of individual, couple and group experience. I am also a holistic life coach. Qualifications include:
* Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Spectrum Therapy)
* Certificate in Counselling Skills (Spectrum)
* Diploma in Psychology (Birkbeck) - Jungian stream of Psychology of Human Development
* CBT Primary Certificate (Centre for Stress Management).
I believe everyone needs a good listening to, and I hope to offer a safe, calm space for you to talk about the difficult things in your life. I have experienced therapy myself, and am in supervision, and think therapy is a great investment in your self and your life.
I am also a writer, and have written bestselling self-help books:
*2 Minutes' Peace (Quercus)
*2 Minutes to Confidence (Quercus)
*2 Minutes to Sleep (Quercus)
* The Anxiety Journal (Pan MacMillan)
* The Mindfulness Journal (Pan MacMillan)
* Change Your Life with CBT (Pearsons)
* How to say NO: Kick the Disease to Please (Hodder)
* Stop Fighting About Money: How Money Can Make or Break a Relationship (Hodder)
* Birth Begins at Forty: Challenging the Myths of Late Motherhood (Hodder)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Please contact me to discuss fees.
When I work
I have places available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings.
COVID-19 update: I can offer sessions online via Zoom during the coronavirus pandemic, or if you live or work outside of the UK. Please get in touch for details.
I work out of the Barnsbury Therapy Rooms (see www.barnsburytherapyrooms.com) on Thursdays 12 noon-5pm, and City Therapy Rooms on Tuesday evenings and Wednesdays 12 noon-5pm (see www.citytherapyrooms.co.uk). I can be contacted there or also via my mobile or website.