I believe everyone needs a good listening to.
I can offer help with anything you bring, but have particular experience with:
- Everyday addictions (all sorts);
- Stress, burn out, separation/divorce, parenting (also deciding whether to have a child), any relationship issue;
- I work with couples, especially on money and relationships, sex, sexuality;
- I am a Humanistic Psychotherapist, but can also offer CBT and Mindfulness;
- Abuse, sexual abuse and related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working as a counsellor and psychotherapist for many years and have a lot of individual, couple and group experience. I am also a holistic life coach. Qualifications include:
* Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Spectrum Therapy)
* Certificate in Counselling Skills (Spectrum)
* Diploma in Psychology (Birkbeck) - Jungian stream of Psychology of Human Development
* CBT Primary Certificate (Centre for Stress Management).
I believe everyone needs a good listening to, and I hope to offer a safe, calm space for you to talk about the difficult things in your life. I have experienced therapy myself, and am in supervision, and think therapy is a great investment in your self and your life.
I am also a writer, and have written bestselling self-help books:
* The Anxiety Journal (Pan MacMillan)
* The Mindfulness Journal (Pan MacMillan)
* Change Your Life with CBT (Pearsons)
* How to say NO: Kick the Disease to Please (Hodder)
* Stop Fighting About Money: How Money Can Make or Break a Relationship (Hodder)
* Birth Begins at Forty: Challenging the Myths of Late Motherhood (Hodder)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70 individual for a full hour
£90 couple for a full hour
It is possible to negotiate
I have places available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings.
COVID-19 update: I am currently conducting all of my sessions online via Zoom during the coronavirus pandemic. Please get in touch for details.
I work out of the Barnsbury Therapy Rooms (see www.barnsburytherapyrooms.com) on Thursday and Friday evenings, and City Therapy Rooms on Tuesday evenings (see www.citytherapyrooms.co.uk). I can be contacted there or also via my mobile or website.