Ms Claudia Reid
Hello, my name is Claudia, are you feeling anxious, stressed or depressed? Counselling can help. Approaching a counsellor can be daunting, if you’re reading this you've taken the first step on your journey. I am a professionally qualified person-centred children, young persons and families Counsellor working from various locations in and around the London area. I offer a confidential, independent and ethical, one-to-one & couples counselling including group therapy.
Our counselling relationship will be based on mutual acceptance, respect and trust. This will encourage you to become more open during the counselling process. This openness will in turn lead to deeper insight, healing and progress. I am passionate about helping others and I treat every client as an individual.
I have 20+years counselling experience, 15 of which within a local authority working with adults and children from all backgrounds, and a wide range of issues. I specialise in mental health assessments of children, adolescents and families as well as couples. I am registered as both an adult counsellor and a child psychotherapist and work with adults, adolescents and children.
If you are experiencing distress or dissatisfaction in your life in some way, I will listen to you and offer my assistance. I will provide the space and time for you to see and choose how to go forward. I will provide a warm and supportive environment in which you can be yourself without fear of judgement.
I offer both individual and group therapy. My areas of training and experience are:
* Trauma: Bereavement: Eating Disorders: Depression: Anxiety: Anger: Identity: Family Conflict
Self-Harm: Divorce/separation: Sexual identity: Work related issues: Post-traumatic stress: cultural issues: Child Related issues.
call me for an initial, no obligation session. This will allow you the chance to experience therapy and discuss the focus and possible duration for your sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an amenable, approachable practitioner who has over 20 years counselling experience. Most recently, I worked as a school-based counsellor.
During my time at the school, I offered one-one-sessions to students, staff and adults within the community. I also delivered assemblies on social, emotional, mental health, substance abuse, exam stress and anxiety. I have worked as a trauma counsellor for a complex bereavement, counselling service, for clients who have experienced bereavement through unnatural or unusual causes or set of circumstances. For example, losing very young people through violence, accident, murder or suicide.
I am a BACP registered Counsellor and adhere wholly to their guidelines and standards.
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Certificate in telephone smoking cessation counselling
- Certificate of Achievement in Race and Cultural Education Counselling
- Certificate in Assessment Key working and Care Panning
- Certificate in Restorative justice
- Certificate in safe-guarding
- Certificate in Mental Health
- Certificate in Rape and Sexual Abuse
I continue to develop my skills by attending regular CPD classes as I know this will provide me with up-to-date tools to offer a better service.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
What to expect from your therapy sessions:
First we'll have a free phone consultation. then if your happy to, we can go ahead and book you in for your first appointment at a date and time that suits you. I try to be flexible to suit the needs of my clients.
After the assessment session, the counselling sessions will be 50 minutes. Each client I work with is very different so its difficult to predict how many sessions will be needed. From a counselling perspective my aim is only to work with a client for as long as is helpful, and to empower ever client to leave counselling with the skills they need.
* Home visits
* Flexible Hours
* Concessionary Rates
* one-to-one Telephone Counselling
please feel free to arrange a free phone consultation by contacting me on 07506642307 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support groups that I offer include:
* Solution focused approach to Anger Management
* Building Self Esteem
* Exam Stress and Anxiety (school based)
* Social Skills
* Eating Disorders
* Taking a stand against Knife-Crime and Gang affiliation
The primary propose of group work is to help members overcome their emotional and psychological problems.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer crises intervention counselling. Assessments will be made within 24 hours. My hours are flexible, to suit the needs of the client.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|