Clare Lackenby, BA (hons) degree counselling. Registered member of the MBACP.
Future Phoenix Counselling
Novus Business Centre
North West Industrial Estate
07376 334 372
Hi there, first of all I would like to say thanks for taking a look at my profile. My name is Clare and I am a counsellor who is passionate about supporting people on their counselling journey. At Future Phoenix I offer clients a safe place for exploration and transformation. I see counselling as a process of discovery of our real authentic Self. A journey towards living your life to its full potential.
I work in an integrative model, which means using different elements of therapeutic theory to create an exploratory way of working with clients. I work with clients’ present day experience, using a wide range of creative methods to allow deeper discovery and understanding of self.
As a counsellor the experience of seeing a person walk away lighter, freer, and excited to live their own personal journey after healing from wounds, disorders, and obstacles in their path. There is nothing better than seeing a human being alleviated from emotional, psychological, spiritual or relational pain.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified counsellor with a BA (Hons) degree in counselling. I have professional registration with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and undertaken the specialist CRUSE Bereavement training programme.
Additionally I hold certificates from Courses I have undertaken which include:
- Awareness in bereavement care foundation course level 2.
- Growing around grief and the implications in practice.
- Understanding autism.
- Working with binge eating and emotional overeating.
- Understanding children’s development level 4.
- Treating generalised anxiety disorder and panic attacks.
- Introduction to gestalt.
- Certificate of higher education in care level 4.
- Working with differences and diversity.
- Hidden harm training.
- Helping children tell their stories.
- Children’s emotional wellbeing.
- Safeguarding children and adults.
- Working with metaphors.
- Attachment theory and self-awareness in the counsellor.
- Introducing creative media into your therapeutic practice.
- I hold an advanced DBS in children and vulnerable adults.
I work in accordance with the BACP ethical framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy. I receive regular clinical supervision and I am always committed to my continuous professional and personal development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£35 for Individual Therapy - per 50 min session
£45 for Couple Therapy - per 50 min session
Concessions are available, please enquire.
Please feel free to call or email me for a free initial conversation and to book our first consultation: We begin with an assessment appointment to explore how suitable counselling is for you and for you to see if we are fit for each other. We then can decide together how to fit session and times to suit your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Opening times are: Monday 9am – 8pm Tuesday 9am – 8pm Wednesday 9am – 8pm Thursday 9am – 8pm Friday 9am – 8pm Saturday 9am – 2pm Sessions last for 50 minutes.
Types of client