Clare Gardner MBACP
- I've been a qualified counsellor for 12 years with experience of working with adults, young people and families. I can offer a non judgemental environment with a safe place to explore feelings and thoughts, in confidential surroundings at my private practice at home.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I follow the ethical and professional requirements of this governing body.
I receive clinical supervision to ensure safe and ethical practice is maintained.
If you are struggling with day to day life this can become overwhelming. Counselling is a safe place to share these thoughts and feelings. I can offer support and space for you to be heard, enabling the therapeutic process to flow in your own time and to explore what changes you may want to make in your life.
My private practice is located in Aston Clinton, close to Wendover, Berkhampsted, Tring, Weston Turville, Stoke Mandeville and Aylesbury.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Humanistic Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling Studies CPCAB
- Certificate in Counselling Skills CPCAB
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate of Working with Families Therapeutically.
I have 10 years of experience working within a large agency and secondary schools. I also receive ongoing training in all aspects of counselling.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists), and am also registered on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I hold a full DBS (CRB) certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
The initial session of 30 minutes, without obligation, gives us an opportunity to meet each other, ensuring that what I am able to offer feels right for you. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions and to feel comfortable with working together.
I charge £40 per session, sessions are of 50 minutes duration.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client