Clair O'Donovan (BSc, DipHE, MBACP)
I am a Gestalt Counsellor and my aim is to create a positive and trusting environment within which a professional relationship can develop which will enable you to access the help you wish.
I am empathic and approachable and I strive to provide a caring and safe service so you can feel confident in sharing your thoughts and feelings in a non-judgmental and confidential way.
I offer 1:1 sessions with adults and children, as well as couple work and whole family interventions. I have over 20 years experience in working with Families and Children/Young people. I am able to use a creative and eclectic approach to tailor my approach to suit the needs of my clients.
The length of these interventions can vary and are also tailored to your individual needs. Initial consultation is FREE. At initial consultation we can talk about what your hoping to achieve from our sessions and how long this may take etc. I can work with you and what you feel that you need.
My hours of work vary and I can offer evening and some weekend appointments. For family sessions, I find that they are best carried out within the family home but this can be flexible if not appropriate.
I work confidentially and ethically, abiding by the BACP code of ethics. I also have an enhanced DBS check.
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipHE in Humanistic Gestalt Counselling from University of New Bucks.
- Certificate in Non Violent Resistance (NVR). Family Therapy Approach for aggressive/challenging children. CAMHS (Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service).
- BSc Practice Educating - Social Care.
- Level 4 NVQ Working with Parents and Families.
- Data Protection & Information Governance.
- Level 4 Safeguarding - Children Services.
- Strenthening Families Project - Facilitator.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Solution Focus Therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Family Relationship Breakdowns.
Child to Parent Domestic Abuse.
All Initial Consultation are FREE.
OUT of HOURS (Evening & Weekend) appointments are available.
Individuals; A fee of £40.00 per 50 minute session.
Couples; A fee of £60.00 per 50 minute session.
Family Work; A fee of £70 - 80 per 60-90 minute session.
Alongside providing Counselling I also work with groups, professional organisations and deliver workshops offering Mindfulness Training, Understanding Behaviours and Meaning Making of Dreams & a new fascinating approach to working with parents who have challenging children who use aggressive and violence to express themselves (NVR).
Child-2-Parent aggression/abuse is on the increase and the Family Therapy approach of 'Non Violent Resistance (NVR)' is now widely being championed as the best method to tackle this. I can offer this to individual families (in their own homes) and also in small groups for parents.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Telephone contact available between 9am and 8pm (Mon - Fri) Saturday 9am - 4pm Face to Face appointments available various times and days (Includnig evenings and weekends).
Types of client