Christine Miles BA (Hons) Registered RMBACP Person-Centred Counsellor
COVID-19 - Health and safety remain my top priority whilst adhering to strict Government directives and Public Health England guidelines.
- Alternative entrance avoiding main communal areas
- Hand sanitiser readily available
- Leather chairs thoroughly cleansed in between each client
- Almost 3 metre social distancing between us once seated
- Ventilation and air circulating system in place
Hello and Welcome - I am a fully qualified, professional, and experienced Independent Person-Centred Counsellor and I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (RMBACP)
I have worked, and continue to work alongside male and female clients aged between 18yrs and 80yrs+ with an extensive range of issues and I am happy to share with you that I feel privileged to have accompanied, and continue to accompany people along their personal individual journeys.
I am passionate about what I do and I truly believe in the process, the value, and the uniqueness of the therapeutic relationship.
- I currently work in Private Practice offering one-to-one 'affordable' therapy, my therapy room is based within the Cleethorpes Business Centre, Wilton Road, Humberston.
- I have previously worked for Navigo-(NHS) as part of a team offering Systemic Family Therapy and Behavioural Family Therapy (BFT) family work to families and couples at Harrison House in Grimsby.
- I have previously worked for the national company GamCare offering time limited counselling for people and affected others struggling with gambling problems and addiction.
- I have also volunteered some of my time, and for a number of years, working within the mental health sector as a one-to-one counsellor for MIND in Cleethorpes.
Choosing The Right Therapist - Research suggests that the therapeutic relationship is key to successful therapy. Feeling that you can trust and share your inner-most thoughts and feelings with your therapist is extremely important and I hope that our initial session together will help to assist you in deciding if my approach and style of counselling is the right fit for you.
How I Work - I work in a professional, confidential, understanding, empathic and non-judgemental way creating a safe and trusting environment for you to explore your issues whilst respecting your uniqueness. For many people this new experience in itself allows for a better understanding enabling you to take steps along a journey of self-discovery and to a greater level of self-awareness, empowerment, personal development and personal freedom.
Why Choose Counselling? - Life can be overwhelming and there are times when it feels almost impossible to deal with the challenges it brings.
Childhood abuse, neglect, bullying, obsessive and/or intrusive thoughts, anxiety, depression, bereavement, loss, toxic relationships, relationship break ups, trauma, stress, these are all extremely distressing and many people struggle to overcome these incredibly painful experiences on their own.
Counselling offers you the opportunity to make sense of, and explore, at your own pace, any issues that may be impacting your life and/or relationships within a safe, comfortable and confidential environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (with honours) in Counselling Studies
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Proficiency (COP) - York
- Behavioural Family Therapy - Training by Meriden
- Systemic Family Therapy - In house training - NHS - Navigo
- Transactional Analysis - TA101 - Leeds
- Information Governance Training - NHS- Navigo
- ‘Personal Aspects of Attachment Theory - the Science of Family Bonds’ delivered by Sir Richard Bowlby. Faculty of Health, Human Development & Community Studies lecture
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Social Studies and Social Work - Grimsby College
- Bridge to Access Diploma - Grimsby College
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Substance Misuse - (Drugs & Alcohol)
- Working With Problem Gambling - Training by GamCare
- Introduction to Therapeutic Work with Children and Young People - Hull
- Certificate in Counselling Studies - Grimsby College
- Emotional Health - Springboard to Robust Self-Esteem
- Feel the Fear - (and do it anyway) - Jan Rylett
- Inner-Child Potential - Hull
- Working with Russian Dolls in Therapy (Inner-Child) - Lindum College - Lincoln
- Freedom for Agencies - Awareness Training of Domestic & Emotional Abuse - Women's Aid
- 7 Key Tips For Working Successfully With Men In Therapy - James Hawes MBACP (Accred)
- Working with Shame (Gestalt Approach) - Alan Leach
- Domestic Abuse Conference with Guest Speakers - Women's Aid - Grimsby
Professional and Ethical Stance -
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (RMBACP), I am bound by and adhere strictly to its Code of Ethics & Practice, these may be viewed online at: http://www.bacp.co.uk
- I am on the BACP Accredited Register which has been created for qualified counsellors, this demonstrates that as a practising counsellor I am committed to providing good quality care. (My Membership Number is - 057003) This may be viewed online at: http://www.bacpregister.org.uk/check_register/
- I hold a current Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate - information may be viewed online at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
- I am covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance with Holistic.
- I attend one and a half hours of private clinical/supportive supervision each month with an Accredited Registered MBACP supervisor for work undertaken within my private practice.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Inner child healing work.
£35 - Individual One-to-One Counselling
£30 - Trainee Counsellors (Please ask upon enquiry)
£40 - Individual One-to-One Counselling - Corporate & Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Concessions offered for
I work with clients over the age of 18yrs on a one to one basis.
I do not currently offer couples counselling.
Duration of a counselling session is 60 minutes.
I offer both short term therapy (approximately 6-8 sessions),
or long term therapy which ever suits your needs and requirements.
I work from a private comfortable therapy room based within the Cleethorpes Business Centre, Wilton Road, Humberston. This is accessible via the number 7 bus and for those that drive, there is ample private parking.
Within the business centre there is a cafe/diner for your convenience.
I offer day time and evening appointments.
Immediate appointments may be available.
Telephone/Text : 07928235756
**Due to the nature of my work my phone is often in silent mode so please leave a message and I will return your call or text as soon as I am able to**
Thank you for your time in reading through my profile,
I look forward to hearing from you.