I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist, registered with BACP and working in St. Albans, Harpenden and the surrounding areas. If you are reading this, I am guessing there is something that gets in the way of how you would like to live your life and how you are coping.
Do you find yourself thinking….
· I need some help with my anger.
· I feel really low and I have been feeling like this for too long.
· I just wish I could stop being so anxious.
· Will I ever get over this grief?
· I am finding parenthood so hard and triggering.
· I suspect that my marriage is failing but I don’t know where to begin.
· I just wish I was not floundering in my career without caring.
· I just wish I could stop thinking about food.
· I have a list of good and bad foods and I chastise myself for reaching for the bad foods. Why?
· I feel that past events affect how I cope with life today.
· I need to talk to someone but I don’t know where to turn.
In my experience, talking about your concerns with someone trained to hear them, and respond to them, in a particular way, can be very helpful. There is no magic cure and it won't change a painful past, but I am confident that it can ease the way, and even encourage further positive psychological change.
Seeking a therapist is not a weakness; it’s not a sign that you are not strong enough to get through this on your own. It’s not that you are not “man enough” or “woman enough” to stick through this. You are not a failure asking for help.
Walking into a room and asking for help from a stranger is brave and courageous. It’s a sign that you have recognised that you need help, that you are vulnerable and you are willing to share it with someone else. That’s bravery and strength at its core.
Our sessions are confidential and I provide a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Who I work with
I help adult men and women find more confidence in themselves and their relationships by identifying hurdles that are holding them back.
I am happy to work with anyone over the age of 18, regardless their gender, religion, sexuality, race, size, ability etc and over the years I have had a diverse range of clients.
I am available Monday to Saturday at various time. Please get in touch and we can discuss what suits.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Counselling Experience
· I have worked and volunteered at MIND (leading mental health charity) seeing a wide range of clients for 3 years.
· I am currently working and volunteering at The Counselling Foundation
· I regularly attend training seminars and CPD talks to keep my skills up to date.
· BA in European Studies with German and French – Southampton University
· MA in Human Resource Development – Lancaster University
· Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling from The Counselling Foundation
· Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from The Counselling Foundation
My Accreditations & Licenses
· I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their code of ethics.
· I have an enhanced DBS.
· I have the full professional indemnity insurance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Sessions cost £55 for a 50 minute appointment.
The initial consultation lasts 50 minutes and costs £50.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
My office is on the ground floor but please contact me as the access may be limited for wheelchair users.
During the Coronavirus outbreak and if it's not possible for us to meet in person, I am offering sessions via Zoom which is a secure, GDPR-compliant and reliable online platform.
Types of client