I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist, registered with BACP and working in St. Albans, Harpenden and the surrounding areas. If you are reading this, I am guessing there is something that gets in the way of how you would like to live your life and how you are coping.
Do you find yourself thinking….
· I need some help with my anger.
· I feel really low and I have been feeling like this for too long.
· I just wish I could stop being so anxious.
· Will I ever get over this grief?
· I am finding parenthood so hard and triggering.
· I suspect that my marriage is failing but I don’t know where to begin.
· I just wish I was not floundering in my career without caring.
· I just wish I could stop thinking about food.
· I have a list of good and bad foods and I chastise myself for reaching for the bad foods. Why?
· I feel that past events affect how I cope with life today.
· I need to talk to someone but I don’t know where to turn.
In my experience, talking about your concerns with someone trained to hear them, and respond to them, in a particular way, can be very helpful. There is no magic cure and it won't change a painful past, but I am confident that it can ease the way, and even encourage further positive psychological change.
Seeking a therapist is not a weakness; it’s not a sign that you are not strong enough to get through this on your own. It’s not that you are not “man enough” or “woman enough” to stick through this. You are not a failure asking for help.
Walking into a room and asking for help from a stranger is brave and courageous. It’s a sign that you have recognised that you need help, that you are vulnerable and you are willing to share it with someone else. That’s bravery and strength at its core.
Our sessions are confidential and I provide a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Who I work with
I help adult men and women find more confidence in themselves and their relationships by identifying hurdles that are holding them back.
I am happy to work with anyone over the age of 18, regardless their gender, religion, sexuality, race, size, ability etc and over the years I have had a diverse range of clients.
I am available Monday to Saturday at various time. Please get in touch and we can discuss what suits.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Counselling Experience
· I have worked and volunteered at MIND (leading mental health charity) seeing a wide range of clients for 3 years.
· I am currently working and volunteering at The Counselling Foundation
· I regularly attend training seminars and CPD talks to keep my skills up to date.
· BA in European Studies with German and French – Southampton University
· MA in Human Resource Development – Lancaster University
· Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling from The Counselling Foundation
· Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from The Counselling Foundation
My Accreditations & Licenses
· I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their code of ethics.
· I have an enhanced DBS.
· I have the full professional indemnity insurance.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
All sessions cost £55 for a 50-minute appointment.
The initial consultation lasts 50 minutes and costs £50.
I offer therapy in Greek.