Life can be overwhelming with the normal pressures of life and takes its toll on our physical and mental health and that’s before we even consider the impact of our inner world, childhood traumas, loss and bereavement, relationship breakdown, depression, post-natal mental wellbeing, abuse or work problems. It’s a lot for our minds and bodies to be dealing with. Counselling can help you develop your inner capacity to manage the effects of your life circumstances.
Please feel free to have a look at my website www.christinatherapy.co.uk
What I offer
I offer compassionate and professional counselling to suit your needs. Through counselling and with care, we can identify thoughts or feelings that may be holding you back and influencing your ability to cope.
Our sessions are confidential and I provide a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Who I work with
I am happy to work with anyone over the age of 18, regardless their gender, religion, sexuality, race, size, ability etc and over the years I have had a diverse range of clients.
I invite you to reach out and make contact with me. You are here and this is a step forward towards the help you deserve.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Counselling Experience
· I have worked and volunteered at MIND (leading mental health charity) seeing a wide range of clients for 3 years.
· I am currently working and volunteering at The Counselling Foundation
· I regularly attend training seminars and CPD talks to keep my skills up to date.
· BA in European Studies with German and French – Southampton University
· MA in Human Resource Development – Lancaster University
· Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling from The Counselling Foundation
· Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from The Counselling Foundation
My Accreditations & Licenses
· I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their code of ethics.
· I have an enhanced DBS.
· I have the full professional indemnity insurance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Sessions cost £55 for a 50 minute appointment.
The initial consultation lasts 50 minutes and costs £50.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can currently take on new clients on Saturday mornings.
Types of client