Cecilie Sasu - Reg. Member MBACP (Accred) - Counsellor and Supervisor
I am an experienced counsellor offering a confidential and safe space where you are able to explore what you wish to bring to counselling. My room is in a modern garden office, set away from my main house, and I aim to ensure you feel comfortable and secure in the space I provide.
People decide to have counselling for many different reasons and often seek it out because something is causing unhappiness or a feeling of things not being quite right. This might be why you are looking for a counsellor and I hope I can help.
I offer individual and couples counselling both face-to-face at my practice in Selsdon, or online via instant messaging, audio or video call.
I practice in an integrative/pluralistic way which means I draw upon different theoretical approaches when I work with clients and I will tailor what I offer to you, the client, depending on your needs and requirements.
I have worked with clients of all ages and backgrounds in the voluntary and private sectors as well as in schools, and I have experience of working with a range of issues. If you are dealing with anxiety, depression, low self-worth, anger, suicidal thoughts, relationship and family issues, work/school pressure and stress, body image, self-harm, substance abuse recovery, loss/bereavement, trauma or abuse, then I could help.
I also work therapeutically online offering counselling via the internet through voice and/or video call or instant messaging. This type of counselling is not suitable for everyone, but can be a great alternative for those that are not able to attend in person. If you are interested in this, I will require you to fill out an assessment and agreement form prior to online counselling can take place. More information can be found on my online counselling website: www.talkingitoveronline.co.uk
DURATION & REVIEWS
I would always aim to offer counselling for a duration that suits my client. I believe it is important to regularly review the work together and we will incorporate this into the work as it progresses. It can be difficult to know how many sessions are needed or wanted, but this is something we can discuss during our first meeting and in our reviews. After an initial consultation we may agree a set number of sessions, usually up to six, followed by a review. Alternatively, a more open ended arrangement with regular reviews might be more suitable.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND ETHICS
- All our work together is confidential. There are some exceptions to this (ethical and legal) and these will be discussed in detail at our first meeting.
- I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). My membership number is: 750482. I am listed on the BACP Register and my register certificate number is: 156181. This register is also accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- I am a member of The Association of Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO) and adhere to their code of ethics for online counselling.
- I hold professional indemnity insurance
- I have a recent DBS (criminal record check)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Online Counselling
- Couples Counselling Certificate
- Certificate in Approaches to Counselling Children and Young People
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills
I currently work in private practice in Selsdon, South Croydon and Online. I am affiliated with Victim Support (working with those affected by murder or manslaughter), Health Assured (EAP), Workplace Options (EAP), Validium (EAP) and Care first (EAP). I am also a Lead School Counsellor in a secondary school in Croydon.
I have extensive experience working as a counsellor both during my training and after qualifying in the voluntary sector, private practice and in schools.
I regularly attend additional training and professional development in order to increase my knowledge and to further develop my skills as a counsellor and to improve my practice.
I offer clinical supervision - please view my supervisor page.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
FACE TO FACE COUNSELLING FEES
- Initial individual consultation: £30
- Standard individual rate: £45
- Counselling student rate: £40
- Young Person rate (18-24): £35
- Initial couple consultation: £45
- Couple Rate: £55
ONLINE COUNSELLING FEES
- Initial individual consultation: £30
- Video call: £40
- Voice call: £40
- Instant Messaging: £35
- Initial Couple consultation: £40
- Online Couple: £50
All individual sessions last for 50 minutes.
All couples sessions last for 1 hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer both daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My model of supervision is influenced by the “Seven-eyed Model” (sometimes called the process model or the double matrix model).